Perfect Sound For Your Weird Ears

“Goodness me, your ears are weird!”

Ever had a pair of earphones tell you that? Maybe they didn’t say it out loud. They probably showed you by never quite sitting comfortably in your ears, or playing music that didn’t sound as good as you thought it could.

Solving the comfort issue is actually pretty straightforward. As long as there are enough eartips and earwings available, you’re bound to find a combination that holds strong as you dance through your commute, office job, and gym workout. That’s why all our earphones come with a ton of accessories; even Dobby the house-elf would probably be satisfied with Liberty 2 Pro.

Significantly more challenging is ensuring that Dobby gets the same musical experience as everyone else. In fact, ensuring that all humans get the same great sound is already a huge pain in the… ear.

The physical architecture of your ears is completely different from everyone else’s. As soundwaves enter, they are reflected, obstructed, and refracted by the unique topography of your outer and inner ear. By the time the sound reaches your eardrum, it is considerably different from how it might arrive at the eardrum of someone else. This doesn’t necessarily mean that Slipknot sounds like Taylor Swift to some people, but it does make a definitive difference in how earphones sound.

And that is before we delve into how the microscopic hairs in your inner ear and neurological connections influence what you’re hearing. Suffice to say, earphone sound quality is far from one-size-fits-all.

To make our earphones much more universal, we developed an exclusive new technology: HearID. It is able to analyze your unique hearing profile with a series of listening tests then intelligently adjust the sound signature according to the test results. For example, your ears may lack sensitivity to high-pitched sound. In this case, HearID will boost the corresponding frequency to ensure that what you hear is full, natural, and satisfying.

Let’s take a closer look at the process:

1. The first step that requires your input is disclosing your age. As we get older our high-frequency hearing sensitivity tends to drop, so it’s an important part of the test.

1. Next, the Soundcore app will tell you if your environment is too noisy. Background sound affects the results so it’s essential that the test is completed in a quiet place.

1. The first part of the test measures your hearing in both ears simultaneously.

1. Next, the left and right ears are analyzed independently.

1. Check out your results! A graph will be generated to show your left and right ears’ hearing over the entire frequency range, and you’ll have the option to ‘Personalize earphones’. This will adjust the sound to perfectly match your listening profile.

Once you’re done, get some tunes going, lean back, and just enjoy the melodies. Remember, HearID is only compatible with the latest generation in our Liberty series. That includes Liberty 2, Liberty Air 2, and Liberty 2 Pro.

The Soundcore app does expand functionality for all Soundcore products though. Download it from the Play Store or App Store to get a ton of cool features to enhance your listening experience.

13 Likes

Technical stuff aside, this is a really funny read!

4 Likes

Very informative. Will help a lot of people understand what the app does to help how you hear.

1 Like

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
Will stop many queries and issues. :wink:

3 Likes

Very well-worded and informative!! I will definitely point to this article when people ask me to explain Hear ID.

2 Likes

Hope there will be no confusion:
“Hear ID” <-> “hear aid” :rofl:

5 Likes

Good read… I’m curious to see how much difference it makes.

2 Likes

I can’t get liberty 2 pro to fit well. The ear wing is too far back from the ear tip. So when the ear tip is in my ear properly, the ear wing still sits outside of my ear :-1:

1 Like

nice information, good article.

Thanks for sharing @Will

2 Likes

Interesting article. But I disagree that anyone can make them fit securely. Even though I don’t have them myself, there is more variation in nature than you have accounted for I am sure…

3 Likes

Great article. I’m yet to have one of these pairs to experience the difference. Now that many complained about secure fit I have that same feeling how will they fit in my ears?? I never liked the Apple airpods so these earbuds hopefully better than the Apple’s.
Overall the Hear ID settings sounds too good and curious how the app or the software analyze ears and profiles.

2 Likes

If you want perfect fit the the liberty air 2 have amazing fit.

1 Like

Thanks @TechMan what are the major changes Liberty Air vs Air 2?

2 Likes

Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these guys :smiley:

1 Like

lets Start with the basics. The case is much better. It’s slimmer, and isn’t pillowed. This might sound minor, but it’s actually way better. It was one of my biggest complaints with the original. The case also has a matte finish I prefer.

The earbuds are now true mono, which means you can use either earbuds independently. Also the earbuds connect upon opening the case, rather then when you take them out.

They have in ear sensors, so they can auto pause when you take them out of your ears. Not a huge thing, but it is really nice.

You also get wireless charging, and USB-C. In addition to that, you get much better battery life.

You also get the app which is huge. You can adjust the permanent EQ, as well as change what the buttons do. You also get HearID, which I don’t personally like, but to each there own.

Lastly and most obviously, you get better sound quality. The soundstage is much broader, and each frequency is clearer and more prominent then with the original.

@Tank am I missing anything?

4 Likes

Didn’t I just talk you into getting the liberty air 1? Oh well, guess it’s time to start working on the second gen :joy:

2 Likes

Okay… Let’s hear your best pitch :wink:

2 Likes

I dont have Liberty Air, but Liberty 2 Pro was a Perfect Fit, did not have to use the added ear-tip.

1 Like

Greetings everyone. I have an issue woth the HearID function. It was one of the main reasons I bought the L2P, since I have moderate hearingn loss in my right ear due to Otosclerosis. It only really bothers me when listening to audio through headphones since I hear at a much lower volume on my right side than my left.

With HearID I take the test, and my left ear is great. But my right ear I can only hear the first two sections of the test, aftereards I cannot hear anyting, due to my condition. So I wpuld think that since I can’t hear those tones, then my right ear will show that I hear lesser decibels and will increase those tones for me. I have another brand of over ear headphones that work like that.

But as you can see in my test, if I can’t hear, it just stays flat in the middle of the chart, only in the treble it goes down a bit. I have taken the test so many times and is always like that. I have tried it with the different revisions of the L2P and still the same. Is there a way I can fool the test so my right ear line goes down to the bottom, so the volume would be increased in those frequencies? Or is there another option?

Thanks

2 Likes