5 Ways to Get a Better Night’s Sleep

It’s undeniable that technology makes our modern lives exceptionally convenient, but it’s also easy to let it get in the way of our sleep. Have you ever found yourself scrolling through Instagram at 2 am, or being tempted to watch just one more episode of a show, even though you’ve got to be up for work in a few hours? A lack of sleep makes you feel terrible the next day, and prolonged sleep deprivation can even be bad for your health. So to ensure we’re all getting our 7 hours of shut-eye a night, we’re sharing some tips for how to change your habits and improve your night routine:

1. Avoid Looking at Screens

Electronic devices such as phones and laptops emit blue light which tricks your brain into thinking it’s daytime, making you feel wide-awake when it should be time to sleep. Ideally, you should limit your screen time in the hour or so before you go to bed to help you relax.

2. Don’t Drink Caffeine or Alcohol Before Bed

This one sounds simple enough but it can often be hard to resist a midweek tipple or late-afternoon coffee. We should though because it really affects our ability to sleep. Try not to drink coffee after 3pm and limit your alcohol consumption to prevent your sleep from getting disrupted.

3. Read a Book

Getting into bed and reading a book or listening to an audiobook is one of the best ways to switch off from a long day at work or school and relax before going to sleep. To prevent you from sneakily checking your phone while you listen, place your phone on Wakey’s charging pad and listen via its Bluetooth speaker to keep your hands phone-free.

4. Create a Calming Atmosphere

Make sure your room has good curtains to block out as much external light as possible. Keeping the temperature down to around 60 - 67°F (15.5 - 20°C) is another way to optimize your room for sleep as your body prefers a cooler environment when it’s time to go to sleep.

5. Listen to White Noise

A quiet room is also another important requirement for good rest, but the majority of us live in towns or cities where noise is inescapable. White noise is a popular way of drowning out external noises while helping you fall into a blissful slumber and more importantly, stay asleep. Soundcore Wakey comes equipped with a fully customizable white noise mode to create the perfect sleep-inducing soundscape.

If you want to add a Soundcore Wakey to your night routine, sign up here (US / UK / Germany) to get your hands on 1 of 50 bedside speakers!

In addition to Wakey, we’ve also got 150 additional prizes consisting of:

Flare Mini—A travel-ready Bluetooth speaker with 360° sound and light show.

Motion B—A portable Bluetooth speaker with intense audio power and full IPX7 waterproof protection.

SoundBuds Slim+—Wireless sports earphones to keep you motivated during workouts.

All entrants will also receive a 20% off code for Wakey, Flare Mini, Motion B, and SoundBuds Slim+, which expires on September 15th, 2019.

Good luck, and share your tips for getting a good night’s sleep in the comments below!

Note:

• The event runs from August 20th, 2019 through September 8th, 2019.
  • Open to residents in the US, UK, and Germany
  • Winners will be announced via email on September 9th, 2019
  • All entrants will receive a 20% off code on September 9th, 2019. This code is valid until September 15th, 2019.
5 Likes

Or, turn on “Dark Mode” of this forum so you can continue reading before bed! :joy:
(Under Settings > Preferences > Interface)

4 Likes

That’s always works :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

The biggest one I’m defiantly guilty of is looking at screens… hard to break old habits :wink:

2 Likes

That’s actually a really good idea haha

1 Like

Yeah I think we’ve all been guilty of that one at some point!!

1 Like

Wakey has been my most favorite Soundcore Product since the news broke about it being launched!!! really love the features, hope to get it soon!

1 Like

Sorry but this is rubbish.

I have no problem going to sleep, I have a problem staying alseep!

This is old school, did it mention have a nice warm glass of Horlicks before bed? lol

2 Likes

It’s exactly what I was looking for in a bedside alarm clock, but the price held me back. Looks like Amazon US had them on sale for $80 but it wasn’t close enough to payday for me to jump on it!

1 Like

Hello @Loz Lawrence. Long time no see :smiley:

1 Like

Haha hey Dez - it’s been a long time!

Can’t go wrong with a Horlicks!

I do still drink it.

As I don’t always fancy a cold drink in winter, but also don’t fancy a cuppa or a coffee.

1 Like

Lol. It must be busy weeks for me cause I thought this was a new contest. Lol. I really like the wakey for some reason and the slims. If I win a wakey, I can use the it to relax when going to sleep.

That’s what’s holding me back too! Even if it’s at sale for 80 bucks i can’t justify it at the moment but I’m dying to try it! :sob:

I don’t know about #4.
I drink a beer and I’m ready for bed before the can/bottle is warm

1 Like

Be careful, as an ice cold beer is as worse a an ice cold “comrade” in the bed! :rofl:

1 Like