80’s New Wave Fans

Wondering if there’s any 80’s alternative & indie fans here? Join up, let’s talk about our favorite music.

3 Likes

In those 70/80’s I had left Pop music and went into classical music.
After playing pop music in the 60/70’s this genre was done for me. :laughing:

1 Like

Hey @scottdanbert, welcome to the Soundcore Community. I’m definitely an 80’s fan, but with more of a new wave, new romantic, electronic slant. I think between us, we may have quite a lot to discuss.

I was listening New Wave at lot in 80’s
Wellcome to Community

1 Like

I use new wave as an umbrella term to cover all later 70’s to 80’s punk, alternative, indie, synth & synth pop etc. The synth movement is definitely my favorite though, Depeche Mode, New Order etc are my favs. I find a similar feel to newer alternative like Alt-J, Passion Pit and Muse.

1 Like

My faves tended to be Human League, Duran Duran, Blancmange, Eurythmics and also loved Big Country and Adam & The Ants.

1 Like

i listened to quite a bit back in the day. Not so much now but i get to hear it at work as out radio plays tons of 70/80/90 's from all genres . Welcome to the community if you have any questions we will help :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m more of a 60’s, 70’s, and some 80’s Classic Rocker, but I like a little bit of New Wave as well.

1 Like

80’s is our go-to era when we play music in the office. One of the best compilation albume we have come across from that era is “The Dark Side of the 80s”. It has some absolute classics on there!

https://g.co/kgs/7chc7h

1 Like

OOOOOO nice one lots of good songs there TY :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s my go-to album when I want to take a darker trip down memory lane!

Thanks for sharing that, I can’t believe I’ve never heard of that album. Most of the songs I already own but there were a couple I had totally forgotten about.

1 Like

Nice playlist. Thanks

1 Like

Every one a classic!!