A lot of Australian entertainers considering a career change

I’m sure this is higher than normal, and given the pandemic that makes a lot of sense. But this is also an industry where a lot of people take a shot and don’t succeed. So normal to have significant turnover in and out of the industry.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with you. The pandemic must have had an impact, however, most musicians end up needing a main job and then create/perform music on the side. It’s the same with most creative work, sadly, some find it doesn’t work out at all and the creative side of them becomes a hobby.
Getting a steady income is difficult normally anyway! I hope they are all able to find their feet after the support ends (for those that are receiving some).

1 Like

It will be nice when we can go out and do what we want again. Although my life is pretty boring at the moment LOL

I think everybodies life is boring at the moment. Hope this madness will end soon.

1 Like

At least they have a choice to consider, a lot of the artists in the UK were told they had to retrain as finding for the arts was being lopped.

Hannah Dorman put a song in response, Won’t Retrain, and it’s a banger.

Such a sad thing to think that the government had any say in who gets to be an artist.

But if they don’t fund them in the future, they can’t shut them down either.

1 Like