Advice For Premium VPN Services

So I am starting my research for a good VPN service. In the past I’ve used private VPN services to remote work from home and connect to services at work.

My dad is working out of state on a contract and works from public wifi at the hotel and needs a safe, reliable, service. He’s not doing anything special. He just wants a safe private connection so if he needs to log into work services, pay bills or, or buy things without someone on the networking watching.

I’m in the same boat, because of our slow and limited internet I work from the library, cafe’s and even a pub during the evenings. I do a lot of class related webinars and do a lot of research for some of my freelance jobs so I need the option to use VPN. Mostly likely I will have at least 2 or 3 devices connected at once.

I have the network and personal security for the computer taken care I just need helping find a good VPN services. Anyone use one and what’s your experience with it?

1 Like

I don’t have a VPN, but I have heard very, very good things about nord.

You are going to get the same type of thing with really any VPN company to be honest. They are all offering the same thing, just with different buzz words with it.

IPVanish and Express VPN are what I used in the past. NORD is up there for sure in my top 3, but both of the others have a decent rate, a lot of servers and locations as well as a decent amount of IP address available. They are pretty on point with their pricing as well, with Express offering 3 months free with a year subscription and IpVanish is like $3.25 a month when you do a year subscription.

Not true in the slightest. Some VPN services only have a few connection points, while others have hundreds. Some offer higher levels of protection and security then others. People have done tests to see which is the most secure, and nord always comes out on top.

Plus if you get a 3 year plan, it’s pretty cheap.

Oh for sure, just my own insight on it. I never have had an issue with nord, I just use the others out of preference.

Nord

• Number of IP addresses: 5,000
  • Number of servers: 5,200+ servers
  • Number of server locations: 62
  • Country/Jurisdiction: Panama
  • 62 countries

IPVanish

• Number of IP addresses: 40,000+
  • Number of servers: 900
  • Number of server locations: 60
  • Country/Jurisdiction: United States

Express VPN

• Number of IP addresses: 30,000
  • Number of servers: 3,000+
  • Number of server locations: 160
  • Number of simultaneous connections: 5
  • Country/Jurisdiction: British Virgin Islands
  • 94+ countries
1 Like

You cannot trust any VPN services, be careful of what you use…Lot of VPN servers recently were found to have a breach and most of these providers are honey traps , trying to Snoop into your data.

I have my own personal VPN server on my home network and connect to it when I am away from home, from any public or free WiFi, keeping my connection secure.

I would strongly suggest you setup a personal VPN server and connect to it via Open VPN client.

It is very simple to setup, also on a Raspberry Pi… How simple can it get. Just make sure to security harden it.

@element321 did you find anything for VPN you were looking for?

I thought about creating a VPN but my home internet service is way to slow and (12 down and 2 up with a 5000 ping rate but reality it half that,(joys of satellite internet) and I get 10 gigs a month and unlimited from midnight until 5 am.) We are looking at a new wireless point-to-point service that came in the area but that will cost ups close to 2 grand to install the needed hardware.

As to services, I’m looking to in IPVanish, Nord and Express VPN. But more research is needed.

1 Like