Alter Ego - have you seen it?

I’m perhaps reluctant to share this guilty pleasure with the community, but the combination of tech and innovation has me wanting to see how many here have seen it too…

Synopsis
Hosted by, perhaps 4 b list artists, the premise of the show is to transform a singer (and some aren’t all that great…) into a computer generated avatar. The contestant has input into look and features, and the earlier shows detail out that collab…

Contestants go head to head, and the one with least votes gets the boot at the end of the show…

It’s kinda like the voice in that the judges don’t see the real person at first.

It’s geeky in that the artists use a motion capture suit to translate movement to the avatar. It’s quite rough at this point, but I’m sure subsequent seasons will show great improvement…

Alas, soooo much reading… here is a clip from fox on one of the singers the other night… no doubt some talent to be witnessed…

Again, like the voice, really goes to show how much the music industry is driven by image and not necessarily talent…

Have you seen Alter Ego? What do you think of artists using a computer avatar to perform?

Did you have a favorite? I do like seven and embers.

4 Likes

I haven’t seen it yet, but I think it’s a really interesting concept. Of course, with so many singing show out there (The Voice, AGT, Masked Singer, American Idol, etc.) I feel like this is just one more addition to a completely saturated market. Maybe they will come out ahead, but I don’t see another singing show being able to last many seasons.

1 Like

Meatloaf

image Lyle Lovett

I get where you are coming from but not all of the music industry is on the image wagon at least not totally.

1 Like

I haven’t seen it yet, but it looks interesting.

2 Likes

Probably the first time this technology was used in the movie “Lord of the Rings” (Golum character).
I would not even have imagined that it could be used in music (more in animated films for children).
I prefer live performers :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

Had a fun while watching. But I prefer real people. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

We’ve taken to it, and it has some merit. We initially thought , ewww… but, like masked singer, it has grown on us…

We’ll see it through and hope the better singer ends up in the right spot.

2 Likes