Amazon Has New Vinyl Subscription Focusing on ’60s and ’70s Albums

This looks very interesting. At least it does to me.

At the bottom of the article is this cool list: 32 Albums That Turn 50 In 2021. I had more than half of those albums. In case you’re wondering I didn’t buy them on release day, I’m not quite that old. :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

These would be represses though, wouldn’t they?

I’ll check the article soon, but interesting for sure.

2 Likes

I would have to assume they are new pressings unless they got their hands on a bunch of NOS.

Here’s a question and answers I copied from Amazon talking about what you mentioned:

Question:

Are there any quality standards for the vinyl pressing? Some subscription services send the cheapest, flimsiest records that don’t sound great.

Answer:

If you look on Amazon’s listings for the “London Calling” vinyl album, you will see that they have one listed that is selling at $32.56 and another one listed as "The Clash: London Calling (180 g) 2LP UK with a sticker that reads “We Are Vinyl.” That one is listed as selling at $49.99 and that is the one that I received last week, so I am quite pleased. “We Are Vinyl” is a Sony website where you can download your digital copy. see less
By D. Michael Elkins on June 28, 2021

Apparently you don’t choose the pressing. The first two albums Were Pink Floyd the wall and the clash London calling. It’s not like a record club where they themselves do The pressing like Columbia house did. I’m assuming they just send the most current pressing on the market.
By Richard Bullen on June 28, 2021

2 Likes

Hmmm a very interesting idea wonder if it will take of or slowly die out

1 Like

Nice find. Thanks

1 Like

Wow!! I know some people that will probably be signing up for it! I can’t believe after all the advancements in technology we are going back to vinyl….

1 Like

Thanks for finding and sharing all the information about purchasing vinyl records. “Back to the Past” - vinyl records were used 45 years ago. :smiley:

1 Like

Vinyl has been making a comeback if you will in the past few years. I’d think this maybe stick, depending again on the quality of the pressings. Too cheap and it’ll flop.

3 Likes

Agreed they have definitely been making a come back for sure

I think Vinyl is making a comeback for a few reasons:

1. I think the nostalgic feeling. It brings people like me back to their youth.
  2. CD’s never could compete when it came to Cover Art. There was something special about well done cover art.
  3. The most controversial one, sound quality. I was around when CD’s first came out and the sound was less than spectacular. They tended to be a little harsh (Digital in general was), where Vinyl (Analog) was warmer. I think nowadays both can sound great, if they are done well.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

I’ve never had vinyl at home. I don’t even know what the sound sounds like compared to the CD.

2 Likes

Well in the beginning I thought CDs (digital) sounded harsh. The problem was everything was recorded in Analog and basically just ported over instead of being carefully remastered.

Nowadays most things are recorded digitally so it’s not as big of a deal. As I said earlier in the thread, I think now both sound good if done well.

1 Like