Amazon jumps into the Air Bud market

Not a lot info about how good they are, but more competition that is not some $29.99 knock off is a good thing. One thing to note is they either teamed up with BOSE or just licensed their tech/name for their buds.

This could be interestingā€¦looks like Amazon is going after Apple again :grin:

1 Like

Just read Microsoft is also doing something with ā€œtrueā€ wireless headphones / headsetā€¦

Glad these Air buds are not true.

there is too much ā€œtrueā€ going on, need something ā€œfalseā€ :rofl:

2 Likes

Interestingā€¦

Looks like they partner with Bose on this one. I wonder what the quality will be like. Hopefully at a $129 they have quality sound.

1 Like

Feel like I remember this coming up on the anker community a while backā€¦ curious as to if they will be any good.

They donā€™t need toā€¦ Amazon will simply bundle it with other products with Echo something , discounts and more and slowly try to capture the market

Order with Echo device and get 10% discount plus the other sales events

They could give them away and still make money. Always having a little spy On someone is priceless to them. They can sell the advertising information for tons

1 Like

You nailed it! They will take this route.

This makes other brands (including Soundcore) to.be more competitive since Amazon is sales site for lot of audio brands

Interesting. Itā€™s crazy how people will flock to these despite privacy issues

Quite curious to see the quality.

The comparative:

True airbuds
Truer airbuds

THE TRUEST airbuds. :joy:

1 Like

Iā€™ll make the truerest ear buds :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™m just excited to have Samuel L. Jackson be the voice of my Echo. Anybody else?

Wait what? Heā€™s gonna be an option for voices in the future?

Yep, in their gadget announcement yesterday, they said that he would be a celebrity voice of Echo that you could purchase at some point in the future. I think thereā€™s also an ā€˜explicitā€™ version, so you can get an authentic SLJ experience :rofl:

Wow. Thatā€™s legendary. Can Morgan freeman be next? :joy:

Yes! Morgan Freeman did a similar thing for Waze years ago, but I missed it. Super bummed.

1 Like

The Echo Buds seem reasonable.

But Echo Frames? or the Echo Loop? Cā€™mon Man!

Or the Nebula Soundbar ā€“ Fire TV Edition, Wow! Thatā€™s just stuā€¦HEY! This looks awesome!

It was fine with Smart Speakerā€¦ but this is outrageousā€¦

1 Like