Amazon Unveils 'Halo' Health and Fitness Wristband for $99.99 to Compete with

Interesting concept and may give a good fight to those expensive Apple watches…

Quote from the article: “The Halo’s microphone listens to the tone of a user’s voice throughout the day and reports back on their emotional state. It detects the pitch, intensity, rhythm, and tempo of a voice and then categorizes the instances into “notable moments” that users can go back and review. Users can mute the microphone at any time by holding down the side button until a red blinking LED appears.”

So, based on how the user’s mood is, we can expect emails from Amazon to buy products :rofl:

2 Likes

Hmmm interesting I didn’t know they were doing this. Thanks so much for sharing!

I received the e-mail today from Amazon with the early access invite.

I have all sorts of why questions here. They want to sell a subscription to go with it, so a lot of the value will probably be lost if you don’t subscribe. It doesn’t tell time or even have an interface, so is definitely neither a watch nor a real competitor to the Apple Watch, not even sure it can match a fitbit. A number of the features are basically in a phone app, and it doesn’t sound like cross platform sharing will be a thing up front. So more Amazon lock in.

Definitely not going for the first generation of these. Always happy to see more competition in the wearable space, but this looks like a solution in search of a problem to me.

I read that and was going to say this thing really creeps me out :joy:. Wouldn’t want a friend to have one either especially when hanging out with that friend :rofl: