Amazon's Alexa is ready to land in your light switches

I thought Alexa is already available in smaller devices… ecobee has it.

I want one in my anker battery’s and flashlight :joy:

Don’t get surprised, your wish may be fulfilled ! But now there are microphones everywhere, so no secrets kept any more. Big Brother is listening to you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I will buy such an item when I can say
“Alexa please fart”
Then : Phhhht.
And it stinks, now.:grin:

This I would call a real smart innovation.:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I was talking on a conference call yesterday in my office and all of a sudden my google home decided it thought it heard something. Checked my data from google and low and behold, it captured what it thought was “Hey Google” when in reality it was nothing near that. But it did decide to give me a targeted ad on Instagram for server racks, which was comical because I had talked about something relating to that for all of 6 seconds.

1 Like

This :point_up: happened to me more than once with Google home and Siri :rofl:

That’s a real news to me, really freaky :scream:

No thanks. Didn’t we used to sweep buildings for devices that were always listening to you? Now we get to bug ourselves. In light switches no less.

I’m in the same boat as most of you, that scares me.
Now let’s say we made sure no microphone is listening to our conversations, how about your devices, phones, computers?
How many of you NOT aware (?) when you search for something in google and a minute later you will see ads all over your screen related to that search?
So the bugs are a already there, just introducing more now.

Worse then that. I will talk about products, and then see ads for it later. Ears are everywhere :flushed:

1 Like

See, you don’t need a gadget, ears are everywhere