ANC of Soundcore Liberty Air 2 Pro

Hi all, I just bought air 2 pro 3 days, still searching best way of ANC function, I try indoor/outdoor and drag circle of customized still can not get enough noise canceling. Anyone can share tips? Any way used for sleeping bud?

I don’t have these buds but the Q30 I find transport is best ANC.

There is a maximum capability of ANC for this physical design, due to a degree of sound leakage, particularly for higher frequencies, you’d get a feedback hiss whistle sound if the ANC was set too high.

So you can get some ANC but never as good as an over-ear design.

I’m sure this can be slowly improved / tweaked in future ANC products.

Have you done the earbud ANC test? It will provide if your earbuds are seeded and getting a good anc connection. If you have not then that may be the issue with not getting a good ANC. Try to find a good eartip first and those eartips give a good seal from the ANC test.

Although I do not have these now and my wife does, I did try them for a few days. I find that:

1. The wheel is of no use for me and I could not tell too much of a different.
  2. I found that though these did provide decent ANC, i would not sleep in them. I find them be more floating like the air pods. So to sleep in them, I would not suggest that. I would think they may fall out if you tossed and turned. (will say the p3 will have a find your earbud feature though).
  3. I agree with @The_Professor on the potential of the ANC would be better with the over the head as any turn then the seal is broken .
    I have found most earbuds being in the ear gives some noise cancelling. I have only seen one earbud stated sleeping in the description (Spirt Dot 2). The Dots are small that they fit in the ear and I had worn them a few times sleeping and it does give some passive NC.
2 Likes

This is just physics, wavelengths.

Low frequency sounds are able to pass through the physical structure of the earbud itself so if you pass a bass sound through ambient it immediately, faster than the speed of sound in air, becomes the input the microphone outside picking up the sound so you force a thumping bass feedback loop - the earbuds would wrattle.

High frequency sounds are less able to pass through the physical structure, they tend to be reflected. But even so their shorter wavelengths at the treble end can get around any gap in the earbud-canal and so then become feedback, which would be a whistling sound.

So for both reasons if you make the ambient too loud, you necessarily cause a warranty issue, wrattling or whistling.

Over-ear you get two advantages. The total extra physical volume means for any given energy of sound, less of it is exists in the microphone, so it inherently is less able to pick up it’s own feedback. The longer distances typically sound has to travel then is less amenable to feedback.

If a consumer were to push the designer to improve ANC or ambient, they’d drive up the design and manufacturing cost of the product, you’d have to make a much better seal, raise the resonant frequency, so tighter manufacturing tolerances, of the earbud. You’d also not be able to make it significantly better.

I’m sure it can be improved, each product will get a little better but you can’t bypass physics.

I think what Soundcore can do is a better job in using HearID to detect the maximum feedback tolerance on per-fit and per-bud basis and so raise each bud to it’s maximum on a per-fit per-bud basis so on average most people hear better ANC and ambient. They have to move to a more intelligent use of HearID where it makes a loud feedback sound and lowers it til the feedback stops, across the frequency spectrum, on a per-bud per-user per-fit basis. They have the necessary technology, so it’s just a matter time.

I agree with what the above posters said.

I have both the Q30’s and the LA2P’s. Out of the two, the Q30’s do a better job of ANC and Transparency mode. I agree it comes down to Physics.

1 Like

I also have Q30 and t bring me lot fun, include satisfied ANC. Beside Infini Pro bring pretty Dolby Atoms sound.
Decide to buy LA2 Pro after long waiting but huge gap than expectation.
The round wheel turn at customized mode seems adjust noise direction but not works good, where to adjust ANC feedback percent?

You can’t with this product. They’ve given you a couple of preset options and a little bit of tuning so find the best for your situation.

Not sure why you expect a physically small product to have good ANC, but if you feel it is not working then email support.

I would add to do the fit test, and hearID . If the seal isn’t proper, the anc quality will suffer.

I use indoor setting, for loud office setting and get pretty good anc.

2 Likes

I’m just going to say I thought of it first. Where’s my royalty cheque?

Later.