Anker Soundcore Boost speaker

I purchase an Anker Soundcore Boost speaker in 2017. This was my first of three speaker purchases from Anker. I have been extremely pleased with all products until my speaker started to buzz yesterday. Any advice on what could be causing this problem? It was out in my pole barn and it has been extremely humid here in West Michigan this summer. I brought it inside and left by a dehumidifier last night but there is no improvement. Any advice would be appreciated. I realize it is far beyond the 18 month warranty.

1 Like

I really suppose its “gone”.
No more warranty, so you could try to open it and so some tinkering if you are able to.

1 Like

I would try to reset it if you haven’t already. Not sure what else to suggest. Good luck.

1 Like

How long has it been in the barn?

I think it may be gone too. I would say keep in house and away from moisture for another couple of days and do not play it much to make sure the speakers are dry and check it again.

1 Like

I would try to disassemble and clean inside.

Sometimes such a disassembling is very tricky.
Most of the IP rated speakers got no screws to open.
Have you ever tried?
My first attempt was a disaster, but now I am better. :smiley:
You need to be an old tinkerer!

1 Like

And “praying” every day!
(But were to pray to?) :smile:

Well… Speaker does not work as it should. So there is no risk.

1 Like

Of course.
But the way to open such one.
We opened old phones with glued batteries inside.
Was a success
The eldest Iphones were totally glued, that was nearly impossible without to ruin the case.
We made it, using famous Dremmel with a small diamond cutting wheel.

1 Like

I have the same speaker. Its been a good one. These weren’t really designed to be left outside or in a barn for long periods of time. I use mine in our 3 sided stables that I converted into a barn. The moister and humidity have messed with mine but after a few days it was fine. My issue is I have to keep it plugged in since the battery no longer holds a charge.

Mine was purchased in 2017 and its no longer in warranty as well. Getting 3 years out of a portable bluetooth speaker is good and if your battery is still good and it was brought back inside when not in use I bet it would go another year before it needed to be replaced.

For me, when I replace mine I plan on opening it up and see if I can replace the batteries. As the others mentioned you might want to open it up and see if it needs to be cleaned or the batteries were damaged. Keep in mind we hold no responsibility for what happens and this is just option you have.

2 Likes

Oh, ja, you are right to mention this!
There are more restrictive laws regarding those “hints” in the USA.
Its not so “severe” here in Germany. :grinning:

1 Like