Anker Soundcore Flare 2 A3165 won't turn on

may be you should use another cable and clean the socket of the speaker first.
Then leave it charging.
Also a reset is possible.

2 Likes

I have used 3 different chargers. It is charging fine. Just not able to turn on. How do I do a reset

?

2 Likes

You may find this by using the magnifier option in the upper r8ight corner or
take a look at you manual and/or Youtube videos.

2 Likes

A search shows a method which may not work for you, says when it’s turned on press hold Bluetooth button for 3 seconds, but if you’re doesn’t turn on…

So try press hold Bluetooth button see what happens

Also in addition to trying different chargers I’d try different cables too. E.g. each speaker probably came with a cable so you probably now have at least two cables

1 Like

There is no instructions to reset in manual. This forum has no reset information for the Anker Soundcore Flare 2 A3165… but thnx

1 Like

I’ve tried both charging chords. As well as the 1 for my cellphone. It’s been 12 hours of charging g but still won’t turn on. I’ve tried holding down the Bluetooth button, holding down all the buttons and still nothing

2 Likes

I’d say it is broken therefore. I see you say a gift but is there no way a warranty can’t be processed. Did the original owner have proof of purchase they could send to you?

To get a warranty process you need proof of purchase, serial number (written somewhere in small print on unit), description of fault, what you’ve already attempted to do to self fix, and email it all to service@soundcore.com

Without proof of purchase you won’t get accepted for a replacement. If the buyer bought on Amazon they’d have their order history, order number, invoice, they can send you.

Support may also know another way to reset I could not find.

1 Like

A search

https://community.soundcore.com/search?context=topic&context_id=4318714&q=%22flare%202%22%20reset&skip_context=true

Finds this

So

I see it seems to need the speaker on to work…

4 Likes

I would ask how long between uses, and charging, reason being is if it’s been quite some time since you received, vs. Last use, the battery on the one could have over discharged,… :persevere:

If recent, it could be that the charging brick doesn’t have high enough output to charge fast. I have two of these, and they do take some time to charge… if I recall the last time was well past 5 hrs.

Odd that you couldn’t power on whilst connected during the charge…

Im pretty sure if the light is solid, it’s charged.

Also, appreciate the photos to assist in helping diagnose what’s going on… :wink:

4 Likes

As stated about being odd not able to turn back on.

Has the one ever been dropped? I find it odd not working now

1 Like

Thank you. Unfortunately I got it over a month ago and original purchasers don’t have the receipt :pensive:

1 Like

Never dropped. Only used once for about 5 mins to test the quality. I’ve also left it to charge for the entire day and the light is still flashing saying it’s charging which I find odd as the other was fully charged in about 4 hours

2 Likes

Time between usage has been about 3 weeks. Was waiting for the perfect opportunity to show them off… Light isn’t solid, it’s still flashing which I find odd as the other was fully charged in about 4 hours. Left it charging for a full 24 hours and it’s still flashing. Using a Samsung power cube and original charger

1 Like

Will try updating firmware. Maybe that’s the issue. Will update later on the status
Thank you

1 Like

That will be interesting as you need to turn it on, pair, connect in the app, to do a firmware update, so by definition you’d have to be working first.

Rarely we have folks who don’t RTFM and attempt a PC USB upgrade which is impossible and can brick a speaker.

So they bought it in a physical store and got a paper receipt? That’s very rare as these are usually bought at Amazon or other sites and have electronic receipts.

Even if you’ve lost receipt do email service@soundcore.com as they may know a trick.

1 Like

Yes. They bought it in a store in Canada called Costco. Got both for little over 100 bucks.

2 Likes

Costco has a very good return policy, so even if you don’t have a receipt, as long as those that purchased are close by and you can get the speaker back to them, you should be able to return or exchange.

I will offer this, however, you’ll likely need to take both back to the Costco store, so they can exchange for same. Doubtful that they would take single for return as they don’t sell singles…

I too got 2 of the same 2 pack last year, this time, and gifted some away too. Was too good of a deal to pass up :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll try to get it back to them, they’re not really close by but I see a return as the only option rn. Thank you

3 Likes

Did you email support? They may know a fix. We’re here a set of owners of this or similar products and trying to help but support knows things we don’t so use support and here to double chance of a solution.

2 Likes

I have same problem sound core flare 2 It is charging and blinking that it is charging but it will not power on I have tried pushing all buttons nothing will work

1 Like