Anker Soundcore Select Pro - Specs

I’m trying to source out verifiable/official specs for the Anker Soundcore Select Pro. I called support and they didn’t really have the answers I was looking for. I’ve seen it listed at Best Buy and Amazon, but sadly their specs are incomplete and in some cases have to be wrong (I find it hard to believe it weighs only 1.1 lbs). I looked on Soundcore’s site and it isn’t listed.

What I’m trying to find out is there any difference other than the added lights? I’m also trying to find out if the battery has actually went from 10,000 mAh on the Boom to 6,700 mAh on the Select Pro? I noticed battery life went from 24 hours to 16 so maybe the battery is smaller (either that or the lights are effecting the battery life). I was also curious if it’s using the same codec and if maybe an Aux Jack was added? It shouldn’t be this hard to source out reliable information on a product IMHO.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/anker-soundcore-select-pro-bluetooth-speaker-black/6457699.p?skuId=6457699&ref=212&loc=1&ref=212&loc=BM01&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9_mDBhCGARIsAN3PaFM314MOPs7YqU8fAZ9RNVQcFhOj15IRe7iTQUdovaNA2uUbRDgsUIIaAqG9EALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Disclaimer: Don’t take this to mean I’m unhappy with Anker. On the contrary, every product I have from them has been a home-run. I’m just a little frustrated trying to get reliable information in this particular instance.

2 Likes

Hmmm I’ll see if I can find things but I do agree this is a little frustrating. Maybe @SoundcoreAdam could include this in list of new products we don’t know much about.

1 Like

One thing I can say for certain is that lights have a big impact on battery life. So it is possible (and feels more realistic) that it has the same 10,000 mAh battery with the battery life listed. But other than that, I couldn’t find anything either

1 Like

@Shivam_Shah is absolutely right about lights impact on battery life. Usually I am swiching lights off on my Flare Mini

1 Like

Same here. After my test of with and without lights, I just decided to stop using the light unless it’s more than just lectures or Youtube

1 Like

Do you think LED Lights would really cut runtime by 1/3? I’m not saying they wouldn’t, but that seems like a heavy hit. Either way I just wish we didn’t have to guess. Thanks for the replies!

1 Like

It really does make a drastic difference which makes no sense to me either. But here’s my testing of Flare Mini which has about 2000 mAh battery if I’m not wrong. It is advertised for 12 hrs of battery life at 60% volume and lights on (guessing based on my test).

I got 38 hrs of battery life without lights and a little over 12 hrs with lights. You can check the numbers out in the review link:

3 Likes

It also depends on if they are listing the run tome with our without the lights on. If it says better life tested with the lights then yes that would make sense that they would hit the battery hard but if the test is without lights on then most likely battery size. Personally I doubt they would decrease battery size in a pro model

1 Like

@Steve976 Hey, there. Regarding your concern, our product manager confirms the specs of the Soundcore Select Pro speaker as below:

• The Select Pro speaker weights 3-4lb
  • The main difference between the Select Pro and Soundcore Motion Boom is the light performance and Bluetooth pairing. The Select Pro speaker supports PartyCast and the Motion Boom supports TWS(True Wireless Stereo).
  • The battery of the Select Pro speaker is 3350mAH and the playtime up to 16hrs
    -The aux jack is not available for both the speaker and they support SBC Bluetooth code
4 Likes

@winfred Thank You very much. I appreciate the information! :+1:
Edit - The 3350 mAh seems wrong though. The Motion Boom is 10000 mAh and the specs I saw for The Select Pro said 6700 mAh.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing the differences and updates.

Look forward to seeing this becoming available soon.

1 Like

It’s says you can get it in 8 days on best buys website. None in store here close to where I live in mn but again if you order it supposedly it will be ready for pickup within 8 days

2 Likes

Thanks for info

1 Like

Wow that is a really small battery for something with lights

Thank you for your message. Please note that the Soundcore Boom is 10000mAh(3.7V/5000mAh) and the Select Pro is 7.4V/3350mAH.

1 Like

Okay I’m slow what’s the difference between these two battery sizes?