Apple finally put the iPod out to pasture

Long overdue or a away to push people more towards the more expensive iPhone line?

I’m leaning more towards the latter :wink:

2 Likes

I was just reading about this a little while ago. I guess with Cell Phones and DAP’s, this was inevitable.

I still use such an Ipod touch (32 GB)
The tft has some blind spots, but for listening music it doesn’t matter.
And I am sure I will never get such an expensive Iphone.:grin:

1 Like

I was done with ipods as soon as I got one.

I did not initially go toward the ipods. I did Zune or a Samsung device. I later did get an ipod but it started to lose its battery life quickly… I am lucky if it stays on for 20 min if that.

Did get some decent songs onto it but most went to the 30 gig Zune

This old one I use has still a good battery life.
I use it from time to time.
I can copy playlists from a Linux device,
so I dont need Win or Apple devices to connect to that Ipod.

1 Like

Similar to that Zune but would have liked the iPad to last longer

May be you can swap the battery.
I did that with an old Iphone,
though the Apple customer friendly
“designers” were sticking it on the chassis.:angry:

I have a LG G8 PHONE with a Quad DAC, 3.5mm headphone jack, 128 GB of internal storage, and a 512 GB SD card. It makes an IPOD obsolete IMHO.

Plus all the CODECS I need:

1 Like

Never had Apple product, so no memories…

1 Like

I was gifted some Apple products from the university.
These are working, but regarding the costs
and how they do handle their update policy.
No Apple products

1 Like

I actually quite liked the iPod Shuffle, as it was so small.

1 Like

The nano was cool too with the click wheel…

I have ifew of some igadgets… noooo ibaaa… lol

2 Likes

I had the iPod Nano 3rd gen, I remember you could unlock them, not use iTunes, I loaded with MP3 and MP4 and it was my portable music + vid player, went camping with those 2 AA USB 5V chargers you could get in airports. Ended up superfluous when I got my Google Nexus 4 when my brief use of Apple product then ended.

I’m not a fan of closed systems, stifles innovation, raises costs and forces obsolescence causing more landfill. Open systems, open source is the only sustainable way forwards for technology. That and screwdriver-required replaceable parts. Whoever invented glued shut gadgets needs taking out and…

Buyenlarge U.S. Navy: Firing Squad by Werner - Unframed Graphic Art |  Wayfair

1 Like

I really enjoyed the ability of some of the devices having radios in them. I think the Nano had it but I did the Samsung Media Player that I thought was going to compete with the Ipod but Samsung did not continue with it. It did have a radio in it. In the end the radio was the only working app as the others were outdated. Lol

1 Like