Apple offers 'stay at home' collection of free Apple Books - 9to5Mac

there are some great books for kids such as The ABC’s of Cookies (Sesame Street) and Winnie the Pooh and more

1 Like

could be done by amazon as well!

2 Likes

Good to know! My kid loves reading!

1 Like

Nice :ok_hand:

1 Like

Amazon too kind of lifted the paywall…

1 Like

Nice find :+1:

1 Like

This is fine.
But there could be done much more.

What about books?
I only found one, which was donated directly from the author .
Others are sold by publishers.
So these have to decide what to do!

1 Like

Thanks for sharing :star_struck: Even though I definitely don’t need to add any books to my to-read pile I can’t say no to a free book or two!

1 Like

I read now more books via kindle.
Great avantage!
I can change the font till these fit for my old eyes.

1 Like

That plus the ability to adjust light intensity is why I love reading on my phone. Font size can be adjusted, and brightness ranges from good enough for daylight to dark enough for falling asleep. And I always have it on me.

Isn’t a phone a little bit to small?
I use an old IPAD, not a kindle.
This is the perfect size for me.
May be not so light weighted as a kindle, but it works.

Do not have an Apple TV but wonder if you can screen mirror it onto the TV. Be cool to read on a 50 inch or larger tv.

1 Like

Yes, you can and dont need a Apple TV.

If you have iPhone or iPad, and a streaming box such as Roku, Chromecast or Fire TV - there are lot of apps on Apple App Store or Google Play store and Fire TV App store to let mirror the iPhone/iPad screen to TV,

Some of the newer TV from Samsung / LG also have built in chromecast, and can be mirrored without these streaming devices (with apps on iPhone/iPad)

lol I actually have some of the mirroring software for my android. I am not sure why I did not think of it for ipod. lol. May need to not to have multiple family members conversation as I am on this site.

My phone works pretty well for my. Fewer words per page, but at the same font size as a typical book it works out fine.