Are You Missing Jack?

I got such one some time ago.
But as I usual do say:
You have a slim, light weighted item, BUT you have to carry around a bag full of cables and adapters with you.
So the cable earbuds are fine for me.

2 Likes

It is like my old Zune. I love the radio on it but feel the same overall in the carrying of other stuff.

2 Likes

BTW, you talk like apple killed the Jack. But my Galaxy S9 still has one, and plenty of android phones in production still do as well. It isnā€™t all that close to dead.

Most flagship phones from the big companyā€™s no longer have it.

1 Like

Apple is always a little more ā€œup to dateā€.
But sometimes they really are NOT.

Most big android flagship phone companies are starting to remove the headphone jack such as Samsung, Huawei, Google, Oneplus

Nokia / hmd has continued to include them, while making some of the best budget Android phones out there. There will continue to be good options that have them for a while.

I do think Nokia is also moving away from including a headphone jack in their new phones an example of this is the Nokia 9 PureView.

We need your help on anker. Get over there :joy:

On the high end. They are still keeping it on the mid range. Which is more than good enough for almost everyone these days. Probably natural to assume those who go for as mid range phone will be more price sensitive on headphones as well.

Dig this - both the evaluation and opportunity.

Have to say Iā€™m still enjoying the Jacked life. Regularly use my classic ipod and even my current LG G8 has a headphone jack because quality is not worth compromise. I have portable speakers where some have a dedicated jack line and others are option BT (I split time plugged in Aux vs BT), and of course the car has an Aux jack connection that I regularly use.
Besides reliability of BT signal, I do get annoyed in the car when trying to charge the phone (plugged in) while using an Aux cable connection (hear that feedback/interference). Wireless charging docks solve this, but the vent mount one I used is too weak so Iā€™ve moved on to magnetic (and thus back to plug in charge). Just today plugged in a BT receiver to the Aux connection out of necessity but would prefer to have maintained a wireless mount/charger and Aux cable.

Viva el cable!

@omsweet0m So you know, Anker does make a 10w wireless car charger this allows up to 10w charging and is generally fast enough to charge and listen to music at the same time. It only struggles to maintain a charge when using GPS. But it works great, I have one in each car

That doesnā€™t happen in every car or with every wired charger, but drives me crazy when it does. Something not properly isolated in the electrical circuitry.

I was using a charger like that (albeit different brand) - just couldnā€™t hang after extended useā€¦ literally, it kept falling off from a weakened vent clip.

Gotcha, thatā€™s one thing I like about the anker charger is that it has a wider clamp that spreads the force out evenly and also a bracket to stabilize it off the dash board which also helps the clamp stay put.

In my car, Saab 9-5, I had to cut out two vent slots for it to fit. But I dont have AC so I didnā€™t mind cutting them.

As someone who works construction it is really hard to use any wired headphone setup unless you ran the cord under your clothes. Having a wireless headphones or earbuds made life easier.

Iā€™m borderline. Yes and no. Yes because sound isnā€™t as good and you never have to worry about charging the wired headphones.

But no since I did have several pairs of apple earpods go bad on me and stop working. Also you have to mindful of the wire and make sure that you donā€™t get it caught it in anything.

Also with AirPods or other Wireless earphones you have convince of being able to never worry about the wire going bad since a wire doesnā€™t exist with having to use them other than charging the case.

Once I had broken cable near the jack.
So cut it, bought a new jack and soldered it.
Soldering was not so easy, you need a special soldering iron with a very tiny tip,
a mounting with a magnifier and steady hand.

3 Likes

In the US, we just use duct tape. LOLOLOL

2 Likes

I love that the Q20s I just got come with a cord. Having both bluetooth and an optional wired connection is the way to go I think. No cord normally, but as long as it is in your bag you arenā€™t stuck without headphones.

1 Like