Audio drop out - Life P3

Just got my Soundcore Life P3 earbuds. Loving them so far, however one thing is they are intermittently dropping out the audio then playing again every so often, like there is no bluetooth connection, yet my iPhone is right beside me. Any advice?

1 Like
  1. Try to reset and pair again.
  2. If it not solve the problem, contact customer support by email service@soundcore.com
2 Likes

Thanks for suggestion, will give that a try.

Also, I am near my other over ear headphones and electrical devices and just wondering if there is any bluetooth interference or something? so testing using away from them just to see if that makes a difference.

1 Like

Delete these from the bt list of the Iphone.
Do a reset and connect the earbuds again.
Normally this will help.
Otherwise a contact to the support could be helpful, getting more advice.

2 Likes

I would reset them as well as removing from Bluetooth and then repairing and then maybe restarting your phone

1 Like

Hopefully he gets back to us. I’ve had similar problems with LA2Ps and done all the requisite resets / reinstalls / updates but I’m seeing a fair amount of this spread out among a fair amount of people since January. Wondering if there’s an official reply from Anker?

1 Like

Thanks. Tried all those things, and still happening. Seems like an issue that is common, I have contacted Soundcore and am waiting on their response.

2 Likes

Thanks. Tried all those things, and still happening. Looks like a common issue amongst users, I have contacted Soundcore and am waiting on their response.

1 Like

Could you let as know the results

Having this issue right now. Anyone have any updates to this post? Just got mine and it is really annoying that anytime I actually USE my phone is when I start losing audio connection intermittently.

I have the same Issue with my Galaxy S9+. I live in Tokyo Japan and travel by foot is mandatory so I travel with my earbuds all the time but while I’m walking occasionally I would get a stutter or audio drop, my music will continue as if my device is still paired but the audio from my buds will just pause for a second sometimes 5. I’ve toyed with my Developer options too and haven’t seen any drastic changes to the performance.

It’s possibly hardware fault (bad antenna solder etc) either in phone or the buds.

Causes of interference and absorption:

• there’s only so many Bluetooth channels.

Particularly worse in Japan which has only 23 channels, other countries have 79 channels, so Japanese phones and Japanese model Bluetooth or settings on Japanese makes it far harder to work in crowded environments.

• Outdoors 2.4Ghz goes quite some distance so more interference from others outdoors than indoors. Indoors you get some shielding from others physically nearby other side of thick walls, you don’t get on the street or shared transport.
  • Indoors there’s always a risk from older microwave ovens.
  • Moving you are creating electromagnetic radiation, it builds up as static and then discharges across all frequencies, this is person-specific, clothing-specific and seasonal based on humidity. You’ll know if this is a cause if you get a shock when you touch a metal door handle.
  • Humans are a great 2.4Hhz absorber, so phone held on the body will absorb signals to the earbuds.

There’s not much you can do about it. You can seek to eliminate.

• Try a different phone to see if phone’s fault. Some phones have better antennas either longer, outside the phone or the phone is ceramic not metal.
  • Try different buds to see if bud’s fault.
  • Reduce the need for Bluetooth via selecting lower bandwidth codecs. Bluetooth 5 has 2Mbit capacity, so for example LDAC only needs half the signal loss to not work fully. Android Developer Mode allows to select codec and bitrate.
  • try to connect to 5Ghz WiFi when it’s an option.
  • Give up on TWS buds, use headphones instead where the antenna is larger and further away from body. If Soundcore did what I asked and kept making wired buds then you could buy wired Soundcore buds which uses half the channels and antenna is even further off body.
  • place phone off body same side as master bud (usually right side)
  • buy wired buds and use when the physical situation has defeated Bluetooth.

Example currently available Soundcore product would be Q35.

Good luck.