Bass Lost After Firmware Update

Hi,
I just updated my soundcore Motion+ to the Firmware 36.38. Software said it was for some technical issues only.

But - i‘ve done the 6 minutes Update and now Sound isn‘t better :roll_eyes:
The Motion+ lost the deeper bass. High frequencies are now too much! Is there a way back to the old firmware possible or can you fix Sound again?
Not good. Seems the one which hear the test tones lost hearing for the higher frequencies. Higher frequencies are overpowered now. I want my old Soundcore Motion+ Sound back! Before this update it was Not necessary to press the Bass Boost Button. But now Even with Bass Boost turned on the higher frequencies are war too much. On higher volume Levels Bass is almost Lost completely.

Note: Description is for paired Stereo Set.

Regards

Well hopefully they can do or have already done something to correct your issue.:thinking: Odd that a firmware update messed up with your EQ like that.

I completely agree! I thought I was the only one! The new firmware made my motion+ sound very tinny. Lost bass and treble is way too overpowering! Please fix it Anker!

Hai I’m Thomas Acquins from India, me too facing the same issue I have updated my Anker Soundcore motion+ to 36.38. Now it sounds too harsh and shrill and my ears starts paining . I can’t use it for a minute . Anker please fix it soon. I’m using Flac High Resolution music files.
Anybody please reply which was the best firmware last used for this speaker.

Hi Thomas
I bought Souncore Motion+ just on 17th Sept 2020 from Flipkart. The firmware on it was 35.38.
I did see that the Bass Up Mode working Fine when I opened up the Brand New Sealed package with 70% battery.
Then, an hour later I updated the firmware to 36.38 but there was absolutely no loss in the quality of sound that I got before. “I somewhat have a seasoned ear”… It was clear then, that the Custom mode Tweaking is required to get the best out of this Speaker. I set my phone EQ to Flat while settings the Custom EQ on the Soundcore App. Once I got the Perfect for my Ears sound, I then never touched the Bass Up Button.
I did all these sound testing on 60% volume on a Flat Surface of a Table. Not on the Floor against a Wall or any Corner Placement.

NOTE: Wall corner placement further boosts the Bass thumping a lot. It will Boom even a Large Room 100%. But after all the Testing of it on a Table, I placed it just near my TV (speaker side facing towards me & the back of it Facing the wall almost 70cms away), believe me, the Glass panes even began Vibrating on the Deep Bass heavy track like O by Cold Play & Afterglow by Phaeleh. The Trebles were also Crystal Clear. Vocals were Good too.
Try it as I did…!!!

May be, by trying what I did, brings everyone a Good Sound Output on this Really Good BT Speaker.

Let Me Know :+1:

2 Likes

Put it in a wooden box with open front.
You will get a surprising sound! :smiley:

1 Like

I’ve got these custom settings on my Motion + at the moment, and it’s sounding awesome. Bass still thumping, but getting some nice high end and clarity. You can really get the most out of it messing around with the custom EQ and speaker placement!

1 Like

Think I’m going to steal your settings and give them a try :smile: :+1:

2 Likes

The bass from the previous update was overkill, it had good definition, but was cumbersome and with too much presence in the other frequencies. The current version 36.38 is good for clarity and presence of vocal and high frequencies, it evolved for the better. What I do agree that they removed the bass a lot, for the next update it could give them presence again, but more controlled than version 35.38.

1 Like

This seems a very “bassy” setting!
But we all know ears are different! :rofl:

2 Likes

let me know how you get on! I kinda saw someone online with similar so tweaked it slightly :metal:

1 Like

Hi Sun Karthik I have got a replacement from Flipkart , now it’s on 35.38 and now the sound is balanced and I don’t use Soundcore app because I’m using (LG G7) phone’s equaliser which is more precise and accurate than Soundcore’s (10 band) . I’m using many other speakers and a Sony hi res headphone , when comparing to all those , this speaker sounds best on 35.38 than 36.38. On 35.38 it’s well balanced and treble is more smooth. On 36.38 when Treble is decreased it loses the clarity and when increased it sounds too tinny and shrill , I need silky smooth treble so I will stay on 35.38. Thank you for your opinion keep posting your ideas :+1:t2:.

2 Likes

Finally I have decided to go for the update 36.38 and After the update now the replaced speaker sounds great , I think problem was with the first speaker I have got. After the update speaker sounds crystal clear accurate treble with decent bass with bass up. I have used the Soundcore app only for updating . Using the speaker in Aux mode only which sounds better than Bluetooth mode. It’s been 2 days using the speaker with the new firmware 36.38 . Loudness is increased a little bit. Now it’s ok.

2 Likes

Hi Thomas
When I read that you still didn’t wanted to upgrade to the latest Firmware after the Flipkart Replacement, I was kinda thinking that “this guy is not really gonna get the best out of this Tiny Monster”, but then there you are; you see…!!! After the latest Update, I hope you felt the clear Difference that I had mentioned in my First Comment under this same Topic :slightly_smiling_face:
ENJOY…!!!

1 Like

Jeezzz…!!! :+1::open_mouth:
Believe it or Not, @Chiquinho
I was already having this Idea in My Mind of Placing it in a Wooden Box. You are Absolutely Right; it will sounds Totally Unbelievable when placed correctly the way you have mentioned it :pray:

I was even in search of a Wooden Box & found a Perfect Car Speaker Box, just this Morning at my sister’s House.
Happened to see all the Replies here this Evening & your comment turned out to be a good coincidence :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Last week I designed a Mobile Stand for it. Just a DIY out of few things I had it in my Room :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I told you! :joy:
Yes, do some “DIY” ( or better - > try to find such one at the flea market (I would do))
But dont forget to put the speaker at the same height of your listening ears.

1 Like

:+1::smiley::point_up::upside_down_face:@Chiquinho
Yup. Roger That…!!!
Height surely will be Considered.