"BassUp" on non Soundcore products!?

I noticed two speakers claiming to have “exclusive BassUp technology”, neither of them are Soundcore products…

This first is an image from the amazon listing for the DOSS Soundbox XL

This second one is an image from the amazon listing for the Aomais Life

I noticed the Aomais one appears to be very clearly ripping off of an image from Soundcore’s Rave listings, seen here.

Wow I even checked the Soundcore website and looks like “BassUp” is a trademark. Idk how trademarks work exactly and if there are loopholes but maybe having “Bassup” (notice the U in each) is ok :man_shrugging:. But nice find because it sure seems like they’re stealing the name

1 Like

Yeah I was both surprised to see this and disappointed in these companies for ripping it off…

1 Like

There was another company I forgot the name but they came out with a Flare 2 competitor with their own version of partycast. The name of their technology was similar to partycast and the design of that speaker was kinda similar too (but not great looking because of the changes). Just sad to see companies do that. I don’t mind borrowing ideas and coming up with something great but same specs and very similar names is a big no

1 Like

You’re talking about MPOW with copying the PartyCast name

1 Like

Yea that’s it. Wasn’t sure if it was them so didn’t name them

1 Like

Well I guess that is somewhat of an honor… :smile:

2 Likes

I guess that’s a nice way of looking at it :joy:

1 Like