Battery drain without LDAC

The fact its worse on laptop means less likely hardware fault in buds, and more likely you’re suffering a BT version issue.

Is your laptop pairing as BT 4.2?

How can I determine this?

Here you go:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-bluetooth-version-is-on-my-pc-f5d4cff7-c00d-337b-a642-d2d23b082793

It’s an HP Chromebook

If you click on the link I posted, it should walk you through how to determine what Bluetooth version your Chromebook is using.

You could also try Googling “What Bluetooth version is my HP Chromebook (insert model number) using”.

1 Like

@nycugz Hi, I am sorry to learn that the battery of your Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro will drain without LDAC, this is unusual. In order to assist you, please try the troubleshooting below to see if it helps at all:

• Try to drain the battery completely empty, then fully charge the headphones again and test the playtime at an average volume.
  • Clean the charging pins with a dry cloth and an alcohol-based disinfectant. This is to ensure all charging contact pins on the earbuds and charging case are completely clean and dry of sweat and water. Then put the earbuds correctly into the case. When you put the earbuds back into the charging case, the lights inside the case will flash to indicate both earbuds are charging normally.
  • Please make sure the earwings are installed well so they didn’t affect the charging.

In order to further pinpoint the issue, if you don’t mind, it would be appreciated that if you could drop an email to Soundcore technical support via "service@soundcore.com" by detailing the issue, the technical support will reply to you within 24hrs.