Beginners Guide to Equalizers

Lately I’ve been trying to learn more about audio and a variety of different areas. While some of our community have way more knowledge than I do right now I found this great article that broke down the basics of how to use an equalizer and how they work. While I’m know the soundcore app Comes with some preset EQ settings you can also make the changes yourself. This article makes it pretty easy to understand how to get started with that and just even understanding what the presets are doing to your music. One of the things I learned was how you should always subtract first before trying to increase if you don’t actually know what you are doing. Hope this article help you all get even more enjoyment out of your music. Happy reading!

The first thing which is to mention :
Where to find a player with 10 frequencies adjustable.
I know two I use : banshee (LINUX) and jetAudio (ANDROID)

There are others of course.
Rhythmbox (LINUX) an eq can be added and
Music Player (ANDROID) I know.

I don’t know what players have equalizers under MS and OS.

And do not forget bad recording of the music can not be repaired by an equalizer. :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing this! I have no knowledge of how to do all this and looks like a pretty long article so will have to read it later.

1 Like

If you have any question about equalizers, please ask.

Will do after reading the article :smiley:

Lot of details in these words from @Chiquinho :+1:

1 Like

Just finished reading and it was very informative. Will have to play around EQ on my laptop when listening to music now :grin:

1 Like

Nice article, thanks for sharing @ktkundy :+1:

1 Like

Yeah definitely something cool to play around with and try out!

Did you start to play around with the eq yet?

Sadly no. Didn’t have any time yesterday or today. Maybe tomorrow after I finish my 1 question

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with it a little and it can totally change how a song sounds and give it a totally different feel

1 Like

That’s nice. Have you been changing a lot or just tiny bit?

1 Like

I started with just a little change and then wanted to see what bing changes felt like for fun and it was rather interesting

1 Like

Lol I remember messing around with them some time ago and didn’t know what I was doing so really screwed up the sound :joy:

Long time ago so hopefully I’m more knowledgeable now

1 Like

Never forget your personal hearing ability when making individual adjustments.
In my opinion many of those preset adjustments are useless.

When we both would be listening to a song, you might hear it in “another way” than I do. :smiley:"