Bluetooth speakers: How to find the best one

Found this article that somehow mentions Soundcore 2 as one of the best bluetooth speaker but the photo on the top contains Flare series :joy:. Anyway, some nice things to keep in mind that some might forget when actually buying

1 Like

“The best ones” for those “reviewers” are always those he got paid best for to call them the “best ones”!

1 Like

That’s very true! Though some points were good to keep in mind. I know I tend to get a little “excited” (I guess that’s the correct word to use here) and overlook the bluetooth version or something small. I honestly don’t care for charging method at the moment because all my bluetooth audio devices are Micro-USB and no USB C device at home

1 Like

Again the word best is qualitative :sunglasses:

There are speakers available with various features and quality…in general, it all Depends on how much a person is ready to spend…

I have only a few, not often selected for testing :smiley:
Meanwhile I prefer stereo mode (Have no speakers with that partycast),
because I use these always at the same place.
Placed in front of me at the height of my ears.
So I use two flares and two minis.
Even the minis which have normally a lack of bass by their smallness can offer you a good sound when adjusted with an equalizer.

1 Like

The customer pays often to the “trademark” and has to believe in the reviews.

To talk about is a never ending story.
If a certain product has a well known trademark is has to be good.
eg. A speaker. A person may like the sound of it. not the other, so for the first one its best not for the other. All relative you said it. :grinning:

We had a discussion about stereo equipments.
I know persons who own a 10K stereo.
And they believe in it. It is the best for them.
But I am sure they will not be able to tell you the difference when listening to a 5K one under same conditions.

As a lot of others mentioned, these best of series are based who pays them the best. Some of the more repeatable sites will do true testing. That could be in a lab or by what the authors and tester feel are the best ones.

A lot of best of series for most products are gathered by Amazon review ratings. As we all know many of these ratings for certain products could be fake reviews. These types of reviews I don’t take seriously and only use them to find products to research on my own.

2 Likes

I would say they are.
Its not easy to decide what is true or not without getting your hands on that item by your own.

You can’t find the best one. The best you can do is find one that will work for you at a price you can afford. Filtering it by brands you trust is usually a good starting point though, and that is how Anker / Soundcore usually stand out.

Nice article thanks for sharing! Happy that soundcore made the list. The best Bluetooth speaker is a hard title to really give to any one speaker

While the Soundcore 2 is a good speaker, I’ve personally owned better speakers at the same price that outperform it sound wise, that would be better suited on a list of the best speakers, the Soundcore 2 is only preferable for the smaller size.

For anyone in that $40 range, I personally came across a cheap brand by the name of ‘Aomais‘ which sells this ‘Go Jr’ speaker, which has nice clear audio quality, quite the punchy bass for it’s size and price, solid build quality, and plenty of volume. (a whopping 25 watts of output power at THIS PRICE… crazy stuff!)

Aomais Go Jr (Amazon US)