Brain computer interface - many uses, including composing

I thought it was interesting that one of their proposed demo apps was a music composer. Done well, this is the sort of thing that could make it easier for a novice composer to turn his ideas into written music. It is very cool technology, regardleess of the purpose.

Very interesting product but wondering how safe it is for the brain in the long term. Mostly because there must be some sensors keeping an eye at brain activity to control things so how safe are the sensors for brain. Idk how much sense I made in that sentence so willing to elaborate if need be

1 Like

Reality is too complex, so our senses are tuned to the basics (food, danger, reproduction), our brains hold a mental model so we struggle to see or hear what we don’t expect.

For example I’m expecting to hear music and turn the radio off as it’s noise.

2 Likes

Right now Alexa can only misunderstand my words. The next step is misunderstanding my thoughts…

1 Like

Difficult, humans have 5 distinct brains, cerebellum, etc. Difficult to see technology distinction between thoughts. I often have debates in my head between pros cons and have to sleep on it for the many parts of me to form a collective conclusion. I think that’s going to be thr first struggle with physical interfaces.

I also wonder if our sense of music is related to the inner discussion.

2 Likes

Lol that’s true. I stopped using Siri because there were times it couldn’t understand me well. When texting someone, I would have to repeat the message couple times for Siri to understand everything correctly