Bring the Custom EQ Preset Manager to older Speakers!

Hello Soundcore community,

I’m a very happy owner of the Motion+. I think it provides tremendous sound quality for the price and size.

I am pretty experienced with measuring and equalizing a speaker’s frequency response. As such, I’m confident that I can take full advantage of the 9-band EQ that Soundcore is building into their speakers. It’s such a great feature honestly.

The thing is that any speaker’s frequency response depends heavily on the environment that it’s placed in. Even just moving a speaker within a room can alter its sound enough that creating a new EQ becomes worthwhile.

As such, I am keeping a collection of EQ profiles for a variety of different placements (bed side, kitchen counter, outside table, outside ground level, …)

Of course, I am far from the only one who has realized that having different EQ profiles for different situations is really handy, and so, Soundcore has developed a very nice profile manager which is accessible on most new Soundcore speakers. With it, you can create as many custom profiles as you’d like, give them different names, and quickly switch between them.

However, for some reason, Soundcore is keeping this feature exclusively for newer speakers. With older speakers, even if they support the same 9-band EQ in the App, you have just one single Custom EQ tab. That means that the only way to “store” presets is to take a screenshot of it and you can only reapply a preset you created by putting the screenshot next to the EQ window and doing your best to put the sliders about where they are in the photo. Quickly switching EQ profiles to see which one sounds better is therefore also impossible. This is, quite frankly, really obnoxious and irritating.

Now, some might say that Soundcore’s new speakers are surely more advanced and that’s why they have more features like this, but from my, admittedly very limited, understanding, I would disagree.
Afaik, all custom presets are stored and managed locally on the phone and the speaker only keeps the active EQ preset in its own memory, regardless of whether the App has a profile manager or just one custom tab.
That means that, to the speaker, nothing changes either way and there’s no technical limitation for why Soundcore can’t activate the profile manager for older models.

That being said, please correct me if I’m misunderstanding anything.

With all that out of the way, here’s my suggestion/plea to Soundcore:

Please update your App so that all owners of Soundcore speakers with support for the 9-band custom EQ can also take advantage of your preset manager.

Thank you for reading this,
staticV3

4 Likes

I am not for sure if this is the totally the same thing but that was recently asked back in December.

Oh yeah, that’s right.
Do you think that my detailed explanation and reasoning is enough to justify a duplicate thread, or should I delete it regardless?

Hi! I set up my account just to say that I really like this idea and it is one of the few things I really miss about this speaker and app!

1 Like

I will leave it… as you stated it does show some of the same but as stated it has more details

1 Like

I forgot to mention welcome to the community

I’m liking the idea of having a few open custom slots within the app to store your settings…

Not sure about the possibility of adding legacy product into the app, but if they like this, it may be worth asking one of the crew to pass it along…

At last, everyone with a Soundcore Motion+ is waiting for this. I bought another one as gift and it was a pain to setup the EQ remotely, without values.

It would be a lot easier to add values to the EQ but also add the option to:

1. Import EQ settings
  2. Export EQ settings

That way WE, the community, can play around and quickly test different EQs for our devices. Why in the world not!

And btw, I already voted (5 votes for insiders) for this speaker on Rtings - in review soon and we’ll have another fine measurement that will helps us with EQ-ing.

Anker FTW!

Unfortunately rtings measuremnts are more like measuring room they are in than measuring speaker itself. I would highly recommend against eq-ing speaker based on their measurements. Go on youtube, search for Alan Ross channel. His measurements looks much more reliable.