Can the Life P3 get an upgrade that allows it connect to multiple devices?

I had the Q30 and was happy with the Life P3 as it came at a time I wanted to get a pair of earbuds. I enjoyed the Q30 so much I didn’t think twice before getting one P3.
That said, I got everything I needed in life P3 asides the ability to connect to multiple devices and this is really really a pain. I wonder if this could be added in a firmware upgrade.

3 Likes

The community site is probably not the best for this question.

I would contact service@soundcore.com and ask that question. As more people request this then there may be an upgrade potentially in the form of a firmware update or a new iteration of the p3. ( there was 3 iteration of the Libery air 2 at one point.)

The community site is probably not the best for this question.

I would contact service@soundcore.com and ask that question. As more people request this then there may be an upgrade potentially in the form of a firmware update or a new iteration of the p3. ( there was 3 iteration of the Libery air 2 at one point.)

You usually can connect most Bluetooth audio to two devices via one for media profile and one for phone profile as most audio devices can run both concurrently - its how most work and you usually run both profiles together but usually can run them separately. I often do that with audio Bluetooth devices not designed to have concurrent connections.

But to run two of the same profiles concurrently does need specific hardware, it’s not a software change, so I’d have high skepticism of retrofitting this to an existing product.

So I suggest this is a no.

Try playing with media and phone separate trick. I use it often. Screenshot for a different product from tablet and phone, it works surprisingly often and well if you focus on the exact difference.

I wouldn’t be holding my breath for that upgrade. Overall I find it’s best to only buy things with the options you need. Hoping something will get something at a later date usually leads to disappointment.

1 Like

Hello! Thx for your insight. I tried to do the same trick with my phone and a PC from which I listen to Spotify. It didn’t work. I would appreciate any ideas to make it work.

Ironically it works easier on older BT 4.2 bluetooth products as they connect always at 4.2. It becomes harder with newer BT 5.0 as they won’t connect to BT 4.2 once they’ve connected to BT 5.

Below assumes your PC is not a higher version of BT than your phone. e.g. PC BT 4.2 Phone BT 5.0. If you are the rare exception your PC is newer BT than Phone then swap the connection sequence around to be oldest first.

So you could try the following sequence.

• uninstall Soundcore app. Why? Just in case it makes a connection.
  • delete all existing pairings, including the PC if you made one. Why? Because you need to connect to the oldest first so any pairings which are other than the ones below risk connecting first and then the trick won’t work,
  • disable all bluetooth. Why? In case you didn’t the above correctly!
  • Reset the buds. Follow their instructions. In this case it’s

Leave the buds alone for now.

• For Android, reboot to recovery, wipe cache (not data), boot. Why? Because some versions of Android have a bug where they don’t actually delete pairings.
  • Pair with phone first. Why? Because you need a working data connection for firmware upgrades.
  • Install the Soundcore app. Connect. Do any firmware upgrades. Why? Because the steps below may hinder any future updates so get this step done. The P3 are relatively new so updates more common now than later.
  • Go to phone bluetooth settings, change the connection for these buds from phone+media+control to phone only, so disable all but phone. Why? Because we’re going to attempt to make a connection later to PC for non-phone.
  • Now turn phone bluetooth off. Why? Because we need to ensure buds connect to older BT device first.
  • Put buds back in case. Leave in case 10 minutes. Why? To ensure they actually are turned off.
  • Turn on PC bluetooth.
  • Pair on PC. Ensure it is headphone not headset. Why? This should be for media and not phone.
  • Check it works on PC. Play something.
  • Turn phone bluetooth on. Connect to the buds. Should be still Phone calls only, if not then make it phone calls only.
  • See if it works on phone. Make a call.

If this doesn’t work then you’ve tried everything, it simply can’t be made to work.

My opinion - Soundcore products, particularly the Life P3, are so economically priced you don’t need to use them on two things at once, own multiple Soundcore products and dedicate one to PC and one to phone. You could even put one bud from one pair in each ear and so can answer calls in one ear and have the PC work in the other at the same time.