Can we have an option for less then 30 minutes shut down on liberty pro 3

Can we have a power off less then 30 min, as i used my buds for about 45 min with ldac, buds are set to 30 min off but next day i had 10% battery left!!! Why would u still want the buds on for 30 minutes?

You should message Support directly with your request.

PS If you put them in the case and close it they will shut off no matter what that time is set at.

1 Like

Don’t want to keep charging them when they don’t need to and decrease the battery life.

I understand what you’re saying, but discharging Lithium cells that low is much worse IMHO. I’m not telling you what to do, I’m telling you what I do.

Used for 40 min on full charge. Left them sit over night with nothing connected. Buds were dead in the morning. They should last longer then that on a full charge and only used for 40 min.

Are you 100% sure nothing connected? Anything they were paired with would connect to if in region.

When you disconnected, did the buds make that “waiting to connect” pairing mode sound? If not they were still connected to something. Even buds not meant to multiconnect (e.g. my Space X10) will keep having things they had paired with trying to connect.

Often a culprit is if you paired with a Windows PC, it will keep trying to connect so buds never truly disconnected so stay on til empty.

In case, lid closed, is surest way to be know to be off.

It won’t, in fact the opposite. As what you’re doing now is assuming, incorrectly, the buds will turn off so you’re using up 30 mins (ideally, your wish) of battery cycle then discharging slowly just because you don’t want them in the case.

So you’re actually causing the opposite problem, you are using them in a way which accelerates aging.

1 Like

I do not think you should have an issue with this. If the earbuds return to 100 percent the case will not keep charging the earbuds once it hits 100 percent.

Unsure what your percentage was on the earbuds before the next day they are at 10 percent. If it was 100 and then the next day 10 percent then that is an issue as the sleep mode for 30 min should have put them to sleep. (ie Is LDAC being on and active will not let the buds go to sleep?)

I would do a few test to see how the buds react in the same situation but do things like turn the LDAC off one night and/or ANC. If say both are off and it does not go to 10 percent but on then it goes to 10 would help the service desk to help or fix the issue if they find it is happening to others…

2 Likes

I use ldac, i shutt off bluetooth on my dap player so no bluetooth is on when i put the buds and player in my bag after the gym. Nothing is connected to them via bluetooth.

1 Like

It honestly seems like your being penny wise and pound foolish (making an issue where one doesn’t exist). Just put then in their case when your done with them! That way the next time you go to use them they are charged up. I’ve been doing that with all of my Earbuds, with no noticeable battery degradation.

One of the worst things you can do with Lithium calls is to constantly discharge them all the way.

4 Likes

Well either:

• you’re wrong, something is connected, or
  • there’s a fault in your buds, you should open ticket and work towards replacement.
  • they don’t do as claimed and so return them.

Given the issue is rare it tends to point to one thing.

I’d just put them in the case, protects the bud’s pins from damage, the buds will last longer from less wear and the battery will last longer as you’re not using up some of the depth cycles, you’re probably substantially aging these buds doing as you do.

i.e.

3 Likes

I personally would never thought about not putting my libs3 back to case. Opening that case and the way it looks and opens with light and shit on my opinion is a masterpiece by it self and that is just an announcement of the sound purity they throw me in. So yeah I don’t know How did you get that idea not to put them back in. Where is the problem?

1 Like

I understand the OP’s intent. When first shipped, the buds are not in the case, they’re partially charged and stored in the box. Other buds are shipped in the case but off with contacts taped.
I think it’s fine to store them like this IF you aren’t using them regularly. My Liberty 3 Pros are not in regular rotation, so I store them as shipped - off in the box at about 50% charge.
But for his usage, as noted he should store them in the case, but not drain them below say 40% before adding some charge. L-ion batteries like frequent top ups, not deep cycles to very low or dead.