Can't pair Q30 with TV BT transmitter | solved

I recently bought Q30, they’re great but they have one major flaw for me: They can’t pair with TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver I bought for my TV. I have another 2 pairs of headphones that can connect with no issue.

I have the latest FW and tried resetting the Q30 as well as the transmitter but no luck.

Is there any way how to solve this?

I know you said you’d reset, but I’d check:

• delete all pairings the Q30 made, so any phones PCs tablets etc.
  • turn off all bluetooth of everything else, all phones, all PCs, all headphones, etc - everything - this is for elimination purposes.
  • reset the Q30
  • reset the Taotronics
  • attempt connection Q30 - Taotronics.

If you do only those steps, nothing more, nothing less, and it doesn’t work then its probably a version issue to dig deeper.

If it does work then probably what happened was one of the resets you thought had been done hadn’t worked and you have some limit or version incompatibility unaware.

1 Like

Bluetooth is a funny thing… if pairing the Q30s to more than one device, they will have a priority for connection.

Typically they will pair to last paired device. So I wonder, if you’ve paired to your phone as well as the transmitter?

If so, if you turn off Bluetooth connection to your phone, would the transmitter connect?

Not familiar with the transmitter, so unsure if there is a screen to search devices in which to connect,

If so, do the Q30s show when it searches?

@The_Professor has the steps locked down as to other troubleshooting.

Best of luck, and keep us posted please as to what ends up working :wink:

1 Like

Hey, thanks for the replies. I went ahead and tried to switch off completely all BT devices in the vicinity again (I tried it before) and it worked this time!

I guess I forgot to switch off my other phone that uses BT for pairing with my watch (haven’t paired the headphones with it, though) or maybe the “soft” disable on iPhone is not enough?

Anyway, looks like it was indeed the case - that it managed to pair with something else first. So thanks again for the suggestions :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m glad you got it working. This is a very helpful community. :+1:

1 Like

So I was right?

You know this is the umpteenth - slang for one of dozens - thread I’ve given the same basic “are you sure you reset” theme.

Bluetooth was never designed for the complexity are putting them through. The many more devices we own and we forget what was paired, connected, is a problem we cause for ourselves.

My own advice given the price for Soundcore products I feel is very reasonable, is dedicate them to specific purposes, and not buy one and pairing it with everything. I am doing that more rigidly for myself, I may only pair with phone to do firmware update, then delete the pairing to make a simpler setup. I have 4 computers I use regularly and I’ve dedicated 4 soundcore products to each.

It was never designed for the problem created now.

The security model is mostly open, so even a reset means one side may forget a connection but the other side hasn’t so you have to go around to each device ever paired with and delete the pairing.

The glee of opening up your new Soundcore product, so you then pair and connect with phone (usually) first then go onto trying with something else (laptop, etc) then leaves a trail of memory of pairings which then attempt to connect when you didn’t realise. That’s the core of the problem.

Android is also itself breaking I’m finding, it’s not deleting pairings and is connecting when shouldn’t so I have to now include a reset of phone memory.

Some Soundcore products (not the Q30, I don’t think) will let themselves be connected to more than they can handle.

Good news is once people know the instructions supplied assume a now-gone simpler world, we can help them.

Yeah, I feel kinda dumb because I’m usually careful not to fall into the “have you tried turning it on/off” trap.

I guess the real culprit is the iPhone’s “soft disable” icon that makes it only invisible or something. I’m used from Android that clicking an icon disables the BT completely and I guess it just forced the connection to the last paired device. Only after this thread I realized I didn’t switch it off completely.

1 Like

That’s a discoverable toggle. Yes Android has Bluetooth off, but Android also needs to clear it’s cache now.