Can't pair q35 with anything besides phone

So i have q35 and was trying to watch movie on tablet. I turn on the headohones - choose device on my tablet, but when i select it, it shows “connected via phone”

With that undirect pairing watching movies on tablet unbearable - sounds delay for few seconds.

And i can’t connect it to my laptop either. It just does not show up on available devices.

I have tried to unpair it from phone, reset headphones.

But it does not show up on available devices. Only phones see it. Not my tablet, not my laptop.

My gear:

S21 ultra phone

Tab s7

Win 10 laptop

Why is that?

Thanks in advance

May be due to bluetooth versions.

Try this:

• delete all pairings
  • turn off bluetoth of everything
  • reset the headphones
  • pick a device which would not connect, say the tablet, turn it’s bluetooth on, pair with it.

If that works, solved it then

• turn off the bluetooth of the device above
  • turn headphones off, wait, on.
  • turn on bluetooth of something else, pair with it.

If that works then repeat for your devices.

If it works then to swap devices which are of a different bluetooth version

• turn off bluetooth of connected device
  • turn headphones off/on
  • turn on bluetooth of next device, connect to it.

You don’t need to do this normally all the time, only when you connect to a bluetooth device then try to connect to an older bluetooth version. Also try to connect to oldest bluetooth devices first.

The root cause is subtle, because of the app which you connect to first, your phone is usually the newest bluetooth version, once the headphone connects to one version it cannot then connect to an older version without turning off then on. That exact combination of events of new then old without off/on is rare so it’s not a common issue but some who tried exactly what you did get tripped up.

Also note Windows 10 once it is paired tries to connect without your asking it to, so combined with the above can cause bizarre outcomes.

Also some comments here is their other bluetooth items don’t have this problem, well that is because they usually are older bluetooth versions so they are connecting already at older versions even when you connect from a new phone, so it’s an issue caused by owning a newer bluetooth audio product alongside new phone and older devices.

Well that is the problem

I’ve deleted all pairings, i turned off bluethooth of everything in the room

I’ve resetted the headphones

I pick tablet, turn on bluethooth and tablet do not see that device. It is not tablet problem - i can use galaxy buds just fine

Plus i really doubt that samsung tablet and phone of the same year have drastically different bt versions.

My sugesstion would be to contact support by email service@soundcore.com

I think one of the questions from support would be is the device up to date. If not, you should at least update that device. I would say the same for the Tablet as well.

I know @kevinduck163 gave you the lowdown on issue. I would also try the most simple solution as well. If there is a potential issue, you can always restart the devices as sometimes the devices glitches and the restart just will help set things back to working order. Plus a lot of people will just leave the devices on for months at a time.

I would do that before you potentially contacted support.

Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.0 is the BT for the tab s7. I would figure that it would find it but do not have that device though.

I doubt it’s a compatibility issue. In a clean situation the Q35 will connect to anything.

I would double down on are you sure there’s nothing BT connecting? Maybe an automatic connecting something or even a kid having some wicked fun connecting before you connect?

Example below - someone had same issue as you then realised they had not actually turned off all bluetooth. So double check.