Charging the Q30 With Anker PD USB-C

Can the Anker PD USB-C be used to charge the Soundcore Life Q30 headphones?

Do you mean one of the power expand products, or a battery pack?

1 Like

Not sure it’s you’re referring to a power bank or charging brick but I believe that it should since I think the q30 charge through usb c

Yes, it could. The headphones could be recharged with the certified USB-C charging cable.

I am asking about using the Anker PowerPort PD 2 charger Anker 30W 2-Port Compact Type C USB Charger with 18W Power Delivery. It is USB-C at the charger plug and USB-C at the headphones.

Let me preface this by saying I don’t own either product you are talking about. That being said I do have a background in Electronic Engineering Technology.
I went on Soundcore’s site and looked up the Q30. It says the input is:

• 5 V ⎓ 0.65 A

When charging electronics, you have to match the voltage. The electronics will draw how much current (amps) it needs, but will see all the voltage. What I’m trying to say is make sure what you’re feeding it 5V. If it can put out 2 Amps, that’s OK because it will only draw the amount of current it needs. If you hit it with lets say 15 Volts, it will probably fry it. I hope that helps, at least a little.

1 Like

As a follow up to my post. When in doubt, you could always contact Customer Support and ask them. Here’s the link:
https://us.soundcore.com/pages/contact-us

The answer is yes. Works fine, do it all the time

This is the output specs. Notice the =" sign has a dashed bottom line?

USB-C Output: 5V ⎓ 3A / 9V ⎓ 2A USB-A Output: 5V ⎓ 2.4A (max.)

yes , Charging your Soundcore headphones, like the Q30 model, is simple by using USB-c . To do this just follow the simple steps:

Connect one end of the cable to the charging port on your Q30 headphones. It’s the port that looks like a USB-C.

Plug the other end of the cable into a wall adapter with a USB-A slot or a USB-A slot on your computer.

The cable you need comes with your headphones, so you have everything necessary to charge them easily.

and that’s it

Here are some other ways to charge your Q30 headphones if you don’t have the cable they came with or prefer a different method:

Using a USB-C Wall Charger:

If you have a USB-C wall charger with 5 volts, that’s great. Just plug the cable into the charger and then connect it to a wall outlet. This way, you can charge your Q30 headphones directly from a wall socket.

Charging with a Laptop or PC:

When you’re traveling or don’t have access to a wall charger, you can use your laptop or PC to charge your headphones. Just plug the cable into a USB-A port on your computer. It’s a flexible option.

Safety Tips for Charging Your Soundcore Q30 Headphones:

Now, let’s talk about some safety tips for charging your Q30 headphones:

Use the cable that came with your headphones or other high-quality, certified cables. The right cable ensures a safe charge.

Make sure the charger you use matches the recommended specifications. It’s generally best to use a charger with 5V and 0.65A, as mentioned in the manual. Avoid chargers with much higher voltage or current ratings, as they can potentially harm your headphones.

When your headphones are fully charged, disconnect them from the charging source to prevent overcharging, which can be harmful in the long run.

Monitoring the Charging Process:

Keep an eye on the charging process to make sure your Q30 headphones are ready to use. Here’s how:

LED Indicator:
While your headphones are charging, look for the LED indicator. It typically turns red during charging and then changes to blue when the charge is complete. Red means they’re getting power, and blue means they’re ready to use.

Battery Percentage (Soundcore App):
If you want to know the exact battery percentage, use the Soundcore app. Some Soundcore headphones, including the Q30, have an app that displays real-time battery information. This way, you can see exactly how much charge is left and plan accordingly.

Troubleshooting Common Charging Issues:
You can explore more this section in detail here : How to Charge Your Soundcore Q30 Headphones