Coming Soon: Mega

Somehow I don’t like the name Mega… sounds like another lottery brand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

All other Soundcore product names are better sounding such as Infini, Liberty or Rave

Apart from all the technical stuff, name too plays an important role

1 Like

UPDATE

The Soundcore app now supports Mega.

IMG_9371

1 Like

The app has supported mega for months :thinking:

2 Likes

Not updated Soundcore App for last week or so, and it has Mega there

Is there any new feature for Mega on Soundcore app

2 Likes

I’d like to see USB-C Power Delivery Input. No charging output.

WiFi direct and have Bluetooth 5.0 functionality. Give users the option for either. I’d like for all future Soundcore speakers to behave like Sonos speakers that can be controlled via WiFi and connect together in their own mesh network.

2 Likes

Looks like it is a common request across the board for Soundcore and Anker … Move away from the DC Input (physical connector) for these Speakers and move to USB-C Input.

We have requested WiFi capability for these Speakers with Soundcore Product team, see here and response :+1:

Hopefully some day we will have WiFi Soundcore Speakers :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Why no charging output?

USB-C is a type of DC input…

1 Like

I meant UCB-C physical connector … exaggeration on the bulky power adapter

1 Like

I think what you mean is that we don’t want proprietary DC barrel plugs, we want USB-C

2 Likes

Let me put it in pictures so that is clear to you what I exactly meant…

This is the USB-C type physical connector we want!!! :point_down:

This is the kind of DC input Connector we don’t want!! :point_down:

Hope your question is answered!!! :rofl:

Cannot get clearer than this…

2 Likes

Yes I know what you meant :joy:. I completely agree

DC is a type of current (direct current) as opposed to AC (active current).

Both types are DC. The barrel is a proprietary barrel plug which is just overall terrible. USB-C is the universal standard, which is overall better.

2 Likes

:blush:

Just setting somethings right here…

AC means Alternating current, is an electric current which periodically reverses direction, in contrast to Direct current ( DC) which flows only in one direction. Alternating current is the form in which electric power is delivered to businesses and residences, and it is the form of electrical energy that consumers typically use when they plug kitchen appliances, televisions, fans and electric lamps into a wall socket. A common source of DC power is a battery cell in a flashlight. The abbreviations AC and DC are often used to mean simply alternating and direct, as when they modify current or voltage.

Will let it be here, and stop since this is still Soundcore and not Anker forum😅

3 Likes

Yes you are correct about the name :man_facepalming:. I always say “active current” on accident because it’s what my dad (incorrectly) use to say when I was a child :joy:. Can’t teach an old dog new tricks :rofl:

1 Like

Because than the speaker becomes a massive power bank at a party where several people with their phones can drain the speaker…and kill the party (pun intended). :sweat_smile:

USB-C PD Input for fast input charging is what I’d like to see. And include 6 foot versions of USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables. Or supply a tiny OTG adapter Type C to Type A in place of the last cable.

2 Likes

@Shenoy and @TechMan I will let you guys talk about AC/DC but I think I am “Thunderstruck” with the Mega. :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes

lol @Duane_Lester good one :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m okay with charging output - probably won’t use it much, but if the music source is dying (my phone) then the speaker won’t be much user either. It is only one port, and the battery on that is going to be a LOT bigger than my phone battery, so it won’t reduce playtime much.

But keep it all going over a single USB-C port. That is what the spec is for…

The more built in features the more error sources.
USB-C input thats enough.

2 Likes

Bingo @Chiquinho

2 Likes