Confirmed. LDAC on Liberty Air 2 Pro ... NOW

Hi, the only thing that worked for me was to enter the developer mode and change the sample rate of the Bluetooth audio (or something like that) from 96.0 kHz to 88.2 kHz, however, I have to do it all the time since every time I reconnect the LA2P to my phone, this option goes back to 96 kHz.

My only question is why doesn’t soundcore release firmware updates frequently for earbuds that have updated to LDAC? It’s been over a year and I still haven’t seen any new updates for the air 2 pro and 3 pros with the ldac firmware

2 Likes

Probably focusing on newer releases. I’m not saying I’m happy about that, but it’s my educated guess.

It is a 2 year old product, bugs fixed, focus is on next product.

Every product has some limitations in software, others in hardware. You fix the softwware limited ones revealed by users in firmware updates. Those limited in hardware become wishlists for next product. Eventually you’ve fixed all the software issues and so firmware updates stop. Eventually hardware limits has improved for the hardware issues to justify a new product.

So no firmware updates for a long time is corrolary of more chance of a successor product.

The firmware update which enabled LDAC effectively caused a delay in product sucessor, but also revealed the hardware issues such as battery life, so you can logically infer what a successor would have, more efficient electronics improves battery, you can shrink them, a bigger battery capacity, so huge battery life improvement when ANC and LDAC enabled. They did it with the A40, which is limited by the size of in-ear. For a stick you have fewer such size limitations, so you can make something better in all areas than the A40 bar fact its physically larger via the stick.

Innovation in materials is slow, around so the external plastic cannot shrink in size much, but the electronics can shrink, more integration, you can typically expect to see 40% shrinkage after 2 years. Then you service wishlists in sequence of most-asked-for-first. So I’d expect better battery life, improved ANC, raising the IP rating, and due to the bigger size of the LA2P some of these can be higher spec than the A40.

IOS is Mac, Mac is Apple and Apple is ?
.Expensive! :smile:

1 Like

But see I don’t necessarily agree with that strategy. I agree there are limitations to the hardware over time and I agree that if they have fixed a majority of issues then they don’t need to release firmware updates. However, nothing is ever bug free and I have seen and documented at least 5 issues on both the LA2P and L3P that exist across the board for iOS and android. And keep in mind these are Soundcores flagship earbuds so they should be able to get some updates just to keep out the bugs and stability. I have seen Samsung support the Galaxy buds and Galaxy buds plus way past their cycle and apple as well for the first generation AirPods. So while I agree with what your saying I would argue that if it is Soundcores strategy to focus on new products and not on older ones then to me that’s not a good strategy cause in the long run for consumers who keeps there earbuds for minimum 2-3 years will have issues that necessarily won’t be addressed. And don’t even get me started on speakers firmware updates

Who pays for that?

Do you want the LA2P to have been sold at a higher price? There’s one way to pay for the software development and testing to do an update years later…

Do you want the next product to be higher cost to fund a longer upgrade period?

I’m also curious what can be realistically done to the LA2P software.

Your bugs, did you report them to support? When?

Reporting bugs early is always best while it’s in the active flagship phase.

Ok i will answer all your questions in the order you wrote them:

Who pays? Very simple the same people that buy the products the consumer.

Honestly i would like the LA2P be priced higher because these earbuds have more potential for a higher price and can warrant it, i will circle back to this in a moment.

Only thing that can be done is just bug and stability improvements. Soundcore’s team is always actively seeking feedback and always make sure to ask if there’s anything they can work on for improvements.

I did report these bugs back almost a year ago but haven’t herd back since and just left it be because I’m actively using more then 1 earbud everyday for testing and reviews. But i always make sure to check back and see if there has been updates.

But going back to pricing for a moment I don’t know about you or anyone else but i personally would be fine if Soundcore made the price of the Liberty Series more. And i say this not just I’m saying it but evidence has shown that consumers are getting more comfortable spending the extra money to ensure higher quality. First evidence is the latest Space series they have given the Over Ears the best update in recent years and is 150! While it is cheaper then most it’s in that direction of general pricing. Second I have had multiple convos with some big YouTubers, particularly Jon Prosser, Digital Slang, Gaylons Gadget, Latrell Jennings, and ShoAndTech, we have all agreed that if Soundcore made the best possible headphone or earbud for $200+ we would all be comfortable paying for it because we know what Soundcore is capable of. It’s just a matter of if they want to do that. Now we don’t speak for everyone or consumers but if they are not comfortable with the pricing then Soundcore has provided a solution, the Life Series. They have a wide variety of earbuds at all different price levels and manage to keep the pricing on the budget side without compromising on sound quality too much or battery. So i hope i have answered your questions and i just want to clarify i am not trying to argue or disagree with your opinion i respect and appreciate it as this is building very productive conversation.

Their average pricing has increased.

e.g. Q45 double the Q30 at respective launch times.

I’d like them to release fewer products less often with clearer delineation, and then (what you say) of focus a higher level of support less diluted across each.

Not P2 P3 P2i P3 mini etc.

But I can’t change Soundcore. I can delay purchase until I’ve seen sufficient reviews to filter out the superficial and bias, and then do my own testing in the free return period and return if it doesn’t work fully. I have control over that.