Constanty havng to reset and reconnect or pair Soundcore Life P2

Don’t have those. Hope you will receive help from other members.
You can contact customer support by email service@soundcore.com. Customer support is always helpful.

How to Solve Common Issues with True Wireless Earbuds - SUPPORT - Soundcore Collective

Try this out

Hi, sorry to learn about the issue with your Life P2. If you don’t mind, you could try the troubleshooting below to see how it works:

1. Turn off and turn on the Bluetooth device (such as a phone or computer…etc). Forget all the pairing records on your device and turn off the Bluetooth.
  2. Fully charge your earbuds and reset the earbuds per the steps below.
    -Place the earbuds into the charging case and make sure they are being charged.
    -Press and hold the button on both earbuds in the case for 3 seconds. The LED indicators will flash red 3 times and then turn white.
    Please note that earbuds reset must be done holding earbud buttons for 3 seconds with earbuds placed in the case.
  3. After the reset, take both earbuds out of the charging case to make sure they are successfully paired; you will see the white light flashes quickly on the one earbud, and the light flashes slowly on the other side, which means they pair together. Please wait for a few seconds to let the two earbuds pair together. This is a very important step.
  4. Turn on the Bluetooth of the Bluetooth device again and search for Soundcore Life P2 and pair.

When there is a pop-up window for you to confirm pairing for “Soundcore life P2” and “Soundcore life P2-L”, please both select “pair”. If you select “cancel” accidentally, you need to delete the earbuds from the device’s Bluetooth history and re-pair the earbuds.

If the issue still persists, please drop an email to "service@soundcore.com", our technical support will take care of your case and will try our best to make this thing right.

1 Like

Are you fully confident you never paired with anything else? If you did turn they may be connected despite your best intentions.

I don’t keep track of which devices I pair with. Would a reset eliminate previous pairings or how do I eliminate them?

No a reset doesn’t delete pairings, as for example a Windows 10 device will still reconnect after a reset, you have to purge all pairings everywhere.

In fact the issue is most common, I think exclusively, for those who have paired anything with Windows 10 - have you?

Go to everything ever paired and delete their pairings, then to eliminate them also turn off bluetooth of everything ever paired, then reset the buds, then pair just with one device, then see if the issue has gone. If gone then stop there - you fixed it - don’t pair anything else.

It’s good tech hygiene to dedicate a Soundcore product to a single purpose, it avoids many causes of issues. Bluetooth was never designed for the modern problems of lots of sources (phone, tablet, laptop) and sinks (buds, speakers).

I checked, NOTHING else is paired. EVERYTIME I try to connect, I have to delete the pairing and do it again. Has NOTHING to do with being paired elsewhere. I NEVER have this problem with multiple other bluetooth earbuds I use. JUST soundcore.

Is there an updated pair? VERY reluctant to buy more from Soundcore.

I Have also done the reset procedure multiple times.

Side note, it is absurd to dedicate earbuds to one device. I don’t haul multiple earbuds for multiple devices. All my other earbuds work fine on multiple devices.

If that is your genuine experience and conclusion, then the best way to get attention is to give a honest review at Amazon if you bought there - they told us they read that the most intently. Email support also.

Here is mostly unofficial support of those who are interested and own Soundcore products, which complements the above.

I have the Life P2, I’ve had no issues and I liked them well enough to buy and gift to others, so we don’t share the same experience, that drives me to think you’ve got something unique going on with you, could be a dud unit or something else.

I gave away 2 pairs so far and no issue as far as I know. Will say I used the one before I gave to son but do not remember a connection issue. Hope you can get it fixed. Good luck…

1 Like

Hi, may I know if the issue still persists? If yes, please drop an email to "service@soundcore.com", our technical support will take care of your case and claim the warranty for you as soon as possible.

For the record I currently have the exact same problem.
I used to rarely have connection issues and now it occurs almost every single time I use them, needing to reset and reconnect.

I have previously used these headphones with a Windows 10 device so I will try clearing all other connections, but as stated above that would still be a Soundcore problem as no other headphones I’ve had has had that problem.

Do you have Samsung phone? There’s a known issue and a fix

One reason this might be not an issue with other headphones is older BT version you must turn buds off then on when switching BT versions so if the PC has a pairing then that could explain. Only have one thing paired with your P2, if you do need to pair multiple then avoid pairing with Windows + other.

No I have a Huawei phone.
I will still try removing the connection from the Windows computer, but either way I am going to want to use the P2s with the laptop periodically as well.

1 Like

you shouldn’t need to reset the buds.

There’s likely two processes depending on if your laptop is same versions of Bluetooth as your phone, easy to find out by a few tests.

Typically you can’t move down to a lower version without turning buds off then on, so if they are different versions then one direction may involve needing a power off but shouldn’t need to power off in both directions.

When moving from phone/laptop to laptop/phone, turn phone/laptop Bluetooth off, turn laptop/phone Bluetooth on, see if works. If doesn’t then phone/laptop Bluetooth off, put buds in case a few minutes, then laptop/phone Bluetooth on, buds out of case.

The most common behaviour I saw was the right headphone stopped connecting to my phone, noting usually the left would still connect.
I could not get the right headphone to reconnect unless I reset the headphones and re-paired to my phone.

Lately this was after almost every use, after taking the headphones out of the case I would need to do the reset procedure.

I can happily say though that for the last week unpairing from the Windows 10 device after every use seems to have worked.
It is a little annoying, but less annoying than resetting the headphones given I use them a lot more often connected to my phone.

1 Like

Also, I noted your comments on turning off the Bluetooth on the devices which I admittedly didn’t try for the laptop.

Typically my laptop would be in sleep mode while I transit so it’d actually be harder to turn off Bluetooth. I also use a Bluetooth mouse so that’d be a pain to do as a matter of course.

I did try turning off the headphones and the Bluetooth on the phone, neither helped.
I did ensure the headphones weren’t inadverdently connecting to the laptop, which would happen if it was on, but not if it was on standby.

Soundcore will like this recommendation - buy another Soundcore product and dedicate one to laptop and one to phone.

I have plenty of Soundcore products and dedicate some Neo buds and Motion+ to laptop.

The P2 don’t have a pairing button so its the most annoying product to switch.

I have Neo, LA2, P2, Motion+, Mini 2, Mini 3, Icon Mini, Q30 so I cowardly get around these issues.

Absolutely jarring. I put earbuds back in the case. When i open up, i pick up right first, but still the left one force connects first. Have to reset every time