Core Update 114 | We've Got a Big Announcement

We’re starting this week off with a big announcement…

On December 1st, we’ll be kicking off 10 Days of Christmas here on the Collective! That means, 10 days of fun activities where you’ll have the chance to win points and prizes. :santa:t2::gift::christmas_tree:

And to get us in the mood for the festive season, this week’s #MondayMotivation track is a Christmas classic:

Soundcore Stories Podcast
Unfortunately due to busy schedules, we haven’t been able to ask Buck Snow all your awesome questions yet, but do not worry, we’ll make it happen asap! In the meantime, @sean.L was able to sit down with UK-based producer Philip Larsen to speak about what it’s like having a song blow up on TikTok unexpectedly, recording remixes for Katy Perry, and winning a GRAMMY for his work on Kylie Minogue’s track, “Come Into My World”.

Check out one of Philip’s most popular remixes here:

Ways to listen to the podcast:

Apple

Spotify

For those without a subscription service: Listen HERE

New Music Friday | Week One Winners

Throwback Track of the Week: Kings of the Wild Frontier (Remastered) - Adam & The Ants :star: Suggested by @Craig_Paterson

Hottest Track Right Now: Oh My God - Adele :star: Suggested by @VertigoXX

One to Watch: Easy On Me - Adele :star: Suggested by @ndalby

Song of the Week: ANNIVERSARY - Duran Duran :star: Suggested by @Craig_Paterson

For each category there’s 20 points and 10 notes up for grabs so congratulations to our winners! And thank you to everyone for submitting so many awesome songs! If you want to be in with a chance of winning next week, make sure you add your suggestions to THIS post.

You can also check out and save our #NewMusicFriday playlist over on Spotify.

Cyber Monday Deals
Did you miss out on any Black Friday deals? There’s still time to check out our deals for Cyber Monday HERE.

The Collective’s Thanksgiving Contest
There’s still time to enter the 3 different contests to win a bunch of different prizes! The winners will be announced on December 2nd so head over to THIS post and discover all the ways you could win.

Awards of the Week

Photo of the Week: @Duane_Lester shared this very festive photo:

potw1129
Collective Member of the Week: @star100 is a highly valued member of the Community, so we want to thank you for being here!

Thread of the Week: @TheSnarkyOne shared a great throwback to one of our favorite grassroots musicians.

Weekly Giveaway Winner: Congratulations @Duane_Lester! Send @sean.L a message with your delivery information.

No photo contest or weekly giveaway this week due to the 10 Days of Christmas event.

Hope you all have a great week!

:musical_note::notes:

12 Likes

The funny part of the giveaway win was that I only meant to use a few but accidentally hit it and used several instead. Lol. Glad it worked out.

Grat to all winners.

Special grats to @star100 who I know who does come around alot.

2 Likes

Thanks @Hannah for the next - already 114 update. I can’t wait for “10 Days of Christmas”.
I wonder what it will be :smiley: :-).

Congratulations to all winners:
@star100
@Craig_Paterson
@VertigoXX
@ndalby
@Duane_Lester
Especially congratulations @TheSnarkyOne- this month you are by far the best. Way to go :clap:!
Good luck to everyone in the upcoming:
“10 Days of Christmas” :boom:!

8 Likes

Thanks for the update @Hannah.
Congrats to all the winners.
I hope everyone has a great week.

6 Likes

Congratulations to the winners :
@star100 , @Craig_Paterson, @VertigoXX, @ndalby, @Duane_Lester and @TheSnarkyOne

All are very well known here!
Perfectly done!

6 Likes

Wowsers, thanks for selecting me thread of the week!

Hope everybody got to listen to her new song!

Congrats to the other winners this past week, and looking forward to the updates playlist @Hannah.

Hope everybody has a great week, and are preparing for the festivities about to unfold :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Congrats to all the winners this week. I hope those who celebrate had a very happy thanksgiving! Time to break out the Christmas music and decorations! Hope everyone has a great week and month a head

6 Likes

Aw thanks Soundcore - so kind!!

I’ve been so busy lately, but need to get back catching up on threads here!

Congrats to all the winners from last week!! :tada:

Hope everyone is well and looking forward to the season of festive tunes - I’ll be listening to them from Wednesday - always start on the 1st of Dec with them in the car going to work and on the school run!! :christmas_tree::notes:

6 Likes

Thanks for Update, @Hannah
Congrats to:
@star100
@Craig_Paterson
@ndalby
@Duane_Lester
@TheSnarkyOne

5 Likes

Way to go everyone! I can’t believe it’s almost December! :christmas_tree:

4 Likes

Thank you for the update @Hannah.

Congrats to all the winners this week – @Duane_Lester x2, @TheSnarkyOne, @star100, @VertigoXX, @ndalby and Me (thanks everyone who voted for my 2 tracks :wink:)

Looking forward to the 10 Days of Christmas, sounds like a lot of fun coming our way — you guys spoil us with awesome opportunities to win stuff!

Have a fantastic week everyone.

5 Likes

I agree. You had a double win too.

3 Likes

Yeah, I guess some folks like my musical tastes :wink: :musical_note: :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @hannah and congrats to @star100 , @Craig_Paterson, @VertigoXX, @Duane_Lester and @TheSnarkyOne on the wins this week :ok_hand:

Looking forward to the 10 days of Christmas activities, unfortunately it’s a tad dry on that front for the sister community (Anker) :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Dry?
That’s more than mildly spoken Neil!

I liked this post despite posting All I want for Christmas is you :slight_smile:

I can not believe it is almost 2022. Time flew these last two years. I feel like did not do anything but stay around my house :rofl Is that joke too soon