Core Update 123 | New Week, New Update

Happy Monday everyone and welcome to another Core Update! To start the week off, let’s press play on today’s #MondayMotivation track. This week we’ve gone for a song that’s been stuck in our heads for ages:

What do you think about this track?

• It’s stuck in my head too!
  • I love the song and the movie!
  • I’m not a big fan :frowning:

0 voters

Soundcore Stories Podcast | New Episode Alert :rotating_light:

On this week’s episode, we’ve got an interview with the one and only Antwan from NewStuffTV. As regulars around here know, Antwan was one of our first ever podcast guests, and he’s also appeared on some of our subsequent livestreams. Sean and Antwan will be catching up and talking about life as a tech YouTuber, what it feels like when you reach 100k subscribers, and a whole lot more!

Make sure you’re subscribed to the podcast in the following places so that you get notified when the episode drops:

Apple (And don’t forget to leave a rating!)

Spotify

For those without a subscription service: Listen HERE

Also, we’ve got an update on our Phillip Larsen episode. His band, Studio Killers, has a viral song called “Jenny” that has amassed more than 10 BILLION views on videos using the “Jenny/Ruin Our Friendship” sound, and now the song is being released on UK radio. In addition to that, his other act, Soft Cell, is going to be releasing a new record soon featuring a collaboration with the one and only, Pet Shop Boys! Fun fact: Phillip also produced the album with the help of his Liberty 3 Pros :grinning:

Keep your eyes peeled for Phillip’s new music, and if you haven’t listened to the episode you can catch up HERE.

New Music Friday | Winners and New Contest

Each week, there’s 20 Points and 10 Notes up for grabs in our New Music Friday contest! This week’s winners are:

A Song From The 2010’s: 7 Years by Lukas Graham, nominated by @Steve976

A Song By A Solo Artist: Beat It by Michael Jackson, nominated by @Steve976

A Song By A British Artist: Imagine by John Lennon, nominated by @Duane_Lester

A Song From A Movie Soundtrack: I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith, nominated by @Duane_Lester

Two double wins this week!!! Congrats to both of you :partying_face: If you think you have what it takes to nominate the most popular songs in this week’s categories, then go submit your songs in this thread.

Valentine’s Day Giveaway

If you missed it, we currently have a giveaway where you have the chance to win a Valentine’s Day gift for you and a loved one. :point_right: Enter here!

Awards of the Week

Photo of the Week: Congrats to @Craig_Paterson for this awesome shot!

This Week’s Photo Contest: Step outside, experience the world, and get inspired by Nature.

Collective Member of the Week: We want to highlight @jess4002’s awesome music suggestions for our weekly New Music Friday contest!

Thread of the Week: There are two winners this week! Thank you to @a.kimmel for starting this interesting discussion and thank you to @The_Professor for sharing his knowledge and advice.

Giveaway Winner: @Duane_Lester Please send @sean.L a message with your delivery details so we can get your prize sent to you asap.

Leaderboard Winners:

1. @Steve976
  2. @VertigoXX
  3. @sodojka
  4. @TheSnarkyOne
  5. @Duane_Lester
  6. @The_Professor
  7. @Chiquinho
  8. @Craig_Paterson
  9. @Mark_Dunsmore
  10. @star100

Hope you all have a good week! :musical_note::notes:

13 Likes

Congrats Duane.

Thanks for the recognition.

IMG_20220204_064549

4 Likes

Thanks for Update, @Hannah
Congrats for all winners.
Can’t wait for a new podcast episode.

3 Likes

Congrats to all the winners!! Especially @Craig_Paterson for the awesome desk setup! I wish I could keep my desk that clean!

3 Likes

Thanks for the awesome update @Hannah.
Congrats to all the winners.

@TaborTech I try to keep it as tidy as that, but it doesn’t always work!

5 Likes

I am still waiting for all these Giveaway-tickets I earned the last months.
They never showed up, though I was promised to get these often since weeks.
So I dont need those I earned now.
They can be “donated” to someone else.
(Hope he/she will get those. :rofl:).
Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks all! Have a lovely week! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thanks for Update 123 @Hannah
Congrats for all winners,
especially for:
@Steve976 :1st_place_medal:
and the victory of my favorite
M. Jackson song: “Beat It🕴🏿”
@VertigoXX :2nd_place_medal::clap:
@Craig_Paterson good photo :+1:t2: :camera_flash:

4 Likes

Thanks for the Update @Hannah. :+1:
Congrats to all the winners. :clap:
I hope everyone has a great week! :+1:

PS I thought you would like that tune @sodojka. :smiley:

4 Likes

Grata ro all the winners here and from the Ankerworks one as well.

3 Likes

Hey congrats to all the winners, and @craig_paterson I knew the rest of us were in tough for phot of the week as that office setup is tight!

Hope everybody is set for a good week this week.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Spotify users can leave a review too! :slight_smile:
Gave you 5 stars of course, champs

1 Like

You know we do not talk about Bruno is hitting at the top of the charts which I find surprising

2 Likes

congrats to all the winners!! :+1:

my kids love this Bruno track… this is next to the “baby shark song” (in a nice way :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Thanks for update @Hannah. That’s a nice selection of music.

Congrats to the winners!