Core Update 131 | Latest News and More

Welcome back! Let’s kick off this week with another #MondayMotivation track. I’ve picked “Good Life,” featuring G-Eazy and Kehlani as a reminder to enjoy life this week!

Catching Up on the Latest News | Don’t Miss Out! :mega:

1. Are You Cleaning Your Earbuds the Right Way?

In case you missed it, I’ve recently posted a new support article on how to care for your earbuds HERE and I hope it helped. Do you have any top tips for looking after your headphones? Share them in the comments!

1. R.I.P Taylor Hawkins

If you’re a fan of Foo Fighters, I’m sure you’re shocked and gutted by the news of his recent death. We’ve got a thread here by @Steve976, who posted some awesome covers and music from the late drummer. Do you have a favorite Foo Fighters track? And has anyone seen them perform live?

1. We’re Invited to the GRAMMYs !

On April 1st, Dylan and Haley from the Soundcore and Anker team were invited to the 2022 MusiCares Person of the Year awards, an official GRAMMY event. There will be an article about this event so make sure to check back in on the community and see how MusiCares has been helping the industry throughout the pandemic and more!

Here’s a little background on MusiCares:

• MusiCares, a non-profit organization, supports everyone working in music, not just musicians. This includes managers, tour bus drivers, lighting technicians, stage riggers, and everyone in the community in need.
  • Their Health Services team helps with medical and dental bills and more. Their Human Services team helps with basic living expenses and legal services. In addition, their Health & Addiction Recovery team helps with psychotherapy, in-patient and out-patient treatment, and more.

New Music Friday | Winners and Updates :crown:

Every week there are 20 Points and 10 Notes up for grabs in our New Music Friday contest! This week’s winners are:

Your Favorite Album Track That Should be Released as Single: River Lea by Adele - nominated by @jess4002

A Song with a Title Beginning with the Letter “O”: One by U2 nominated by @VertigoXX

Your Favorite Song From a Musical: The Circle Of Life - The Lion King nominated by @Mark_Dunsmore

Have you checked out the latest New Music Friday post yet? The theme this week is the GRAMMY Awards and there are 150 points for each winning song and a secret bonus prize to be won! Find out more HERE.

Soundcore Challenge | Who’s Up for Some Points?

Kickstart the month by winning 200 points! Spot the differences and leave your comments below, and don’t forget to hide your answers! All correct entries will be added to a random name generator and the winner will be announced in next week’s Core Update!

Leaderboard Winners:

1. @Duane_Lester

2. @VertigoXX

3. @Steve976

4. @Craig_Paterson

5. @The_Professor

6. @TheSnarkyOne

7. @Mark_Dunsmore

8. @Unnamed

9. @sodojka

10. @jercox

Awards of the Week :1st_place_medal:

Photo of the Week: @chiquinho

This Week’s Photo Contest: #NationalWalkingDay

Collective Member of the Week: @The_Professor for the continued support he provides to community members

Thread of the Week: @VertigoXX with a great review and photos of Motion Boom HERE

9 Likes

Thanks for the recognition.

5 Likes

Thanks for the weekly update @sean.L, and congrats to all this week’s winners.

Just looking at the images in the “Spot the differences” challenge – there only seems to be one of each image, so nothing to compare to.

UPDATE: OK, I see you are making us work a little harder for this challenge :wink: .

My spot the differences entry

4 Likes

Thanks for Update, @sean.L
Congrats to all other winners.
I will join @Craig_Paterson for admiting problem with Spot the Difference images.

4 Likes

Great update @sean.L and congrats to the winners of the week / month.

Pretty easy spot the diff for the last two items… :laughing: the first one’s a bit tricky…

Looking forward to the week ahead, hope everybody has a good one.

P.s. welcome back 504… lol

4 Likes

I can see what they scrubbed out on the first and last image, can’t see what they scrubbed on 2nd image though.

4 Likes

Thanks for the recognition of my photo,
I will take some more photos if wanted /needed !:smile:

5 Likes

Grats to all of the winners…

Spot the difference

New%20Bitmap%20Image

3 Likes

Thanks for the update @sean.L.

I was definitely shocked by the news of Taylor Hawkins passing away. RIP
I hope people enjoyed the article.

Congrats to all the winners. :clap:

I hope everyone has a great week. :+1:

PS I’m not sure if pictures are missing or if we are just supposed to look at the ones you posted and say what we think is missing (it’s usually a comparison between 2 sets of pics).

Edit - I guess we are just supposed to say what we think is missing, so here goes:
Answers:

Summary

Picture 1 - The Earbud on the left side of the picture is missing the Soundcore Logo.
Picture 2 - The Dust/Center Cap is missing from the Woofer.
Picture 3 - The top half of the Soundcore Logo is missing from the Earcup on the right side of the picture.

3 Likes

The passing of Taylor Hawkins hurt deep; he was an amazing musician (AT 50!). It was one of two bands that was on my bucket list. I got to see him at an outdoor arena last summer. His Somebody to Love cover got the crowd hyped. His last performace:

5 Likes

Just realised Spot the Difference should be done to original pictures.
My entry:

Summary