Core Update 133 | Another Week, Another #MondayMotivation!

Welcome back everyone! Let’s kick off this week with a #MondayMotivation track to put us in a good mood for the upcoming week! This week we have Here It Goes Again by OK Go.

Does anyone want to dance on a treadmill after this? :joy:

Soundcore Stories Podcast | Ask Vanessa Anything :star:

We’re pretty sure most of you know that we recently had someone new join the team! For this week’s episode, we certainly didn’t miss out on the chance to interview our new starter, Vanessa!

Before Vanessa joined Anker, she was at Sony Music doing Digital Marketing for the international team. She had the opportunity to work with some big names like George Ezra, Calvin Harris, Little Mix, and bands like Bring Me The Horizon.

We’re opening up the floor to your lovely people to ask Vanessa any questions or things you’d like to know! :raising_hand_woman::raising_hand_man: Reply with your questions in the comments below (by the end of Tuesday) and she’ll be answering them on the episode.

New Music Friday | Winners and Updates :crown:

Every week there are 20 Points and 10 Notes up for grabs in our New Music Friday contest! This week’s winners are:

The Ultimate 80’s Power Ballad: Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi, nominated by @Steve976.

A Song By an Artist Performing at Coachella 2022: Blinding Lights - The Weeknd, nominated by @Duane_Lester.

A Song with a Title Beginning with “K”: Knocking on Heaven’s Door - Eric Clapton, nominated by @ndalby.

Fun and Play | Can You Guess?

Can you guess the artist and album title from the pixelated image? Leave your answers below!

Fun%20and%20Play

Awards of the Week :1st_place_medal:

This Week’s Photo Contest: The Color Green

Collective Member of the Week: @chiquinho Shoutout to one of our valued regular members!

Thread of the Week: Great #Throwback to one of our favorite Liberty earbuds! @Michael_Frasca

Weekly Giveaway Winner:@star100

See you next week!

11 Likes

Thank you for Update @Winniew95
Congrats to winners.
My lucky guess (with a little help from google😃):

Summary

Primal Scream ‎– Screamadelica

2 Likes

Thanks for this week’s update @Winniew95. Congrats to all the winners this week.

Absolutely love the motivational track, I’ve always loved the video!

My question for Vanessa for the podcast would be – You mentioned that you wanted to travel more this year… if you had to pick one location to travel to, where would that be, and why?

Fun and Play answer

That’s an easy one, it’s Primal Scream – Screamadelica

Hope everyone has a great week ahead!

1 Like

Congratulations to the winners.
No chance for me to find out the solution of the pixel puzzle. :rofl:

2 Likes

Somehow missed this one…:roll_eyes:… alas big congrats to the weekly ups.

Not sure on the artist graphic, will have to do some sleuthing :shushing_face:

For Vanessa:

• were there any bands under the Sony label, that would would have wanted to work with, but didn’t get a chance to?
  • what would a typical day entail @ work?
  • as an amateur baker, what’s been your most challenging thing to bake have you attempted sourdough, or bagels, or sourdough bagels?
2 Likes

Yay! Pleased to be the giveaway winner - I’ll have one happy daughter with those cute pink ear buds!

7 Likes

My question for Vanessa:
What kind of person George Ezra is in real life?

2 Likes

Grats ti the winner…

1 Like

Great!
A girl will like the colour much more than a boy! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the Update @Winniew95.
Congrats to all the winners. :+1:
I hope everyone has a great week!
My Answer

Summary

Screamadelica - Primal Scream