Core Update 148 | Here Comes The Sun

Happy Monday everyone!

This week at Soundcore we have some exciting news. Our UK team are hitting the road and setting up a booth at Boardmasters Festival down in the South of England.

This year’s line-up is really exciting and features Kings of Leon, George Ezra, Damien ‘Jr Gong’ Marley and many many many more! A great line-up and vibe to get back on the road (it’s been too long since we’ve done anything in person:sob:).

While I know a lot of you aren’t based in the UK, we want to hear what festivals you’re excited about! Put in the comments below which festival is one of your top festival experiences :point_down:

So I had to pick a Kings of Leon classic to kick start this week:

Kings of Leon - The Bucket

Fun and Games

This week’s quiz is also related to Kings of Leon (to go with the theme):

In which year did the band Kings of Leon form?

New Music Friday | Winners and Updates :crown:

A Music Video featuring Sweatbands: Black Eyed Peas & Shakira - Girl Like Me nominated by @VertigoXX and Olivia Newton-John – Physical nominated by @craig_paterson.

** A song that has the word “Go” in the title/ lyrics:** Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go nominated by @cazzy66.

A song that has the word “Right” in the title/ lyrics: Fatboy Slim - Rockafeller Skank nominated by @Craig_Paterson.

Congratulations, all! Plus, don’t forget to take part in this week’s contest :grinning:

Awards of the Week

Photo of the Week Theme: Pack Your Bags

Photo of the Week: @craig_paterson - such a beautiful shot!

Collective Member of the Week: Thanks for being an awesome member of the Collective, @cazzy66

Thread of the Week: @VertigoXX for sharing this video What is hi-res audio, and does it make any difference? (I think I learnt a lot)

Thank you, hope everyone has a good week!

5 Likes

Okay I’m confused @Vanessa_W the song grouping you announced are still in voting? The last grouping that closed 4 days ago were listed as song 1, song 2 and song 3. That we as a group free styled from a post that began on July 29 and voting closed 4 days ago. Anyways congrats :tada: to all the winners this week and I can’t wait to see the new pictures this week

1 Like

Well done to this weeks winners!

Bet the Soundcore team will have a fabulous time at Boardmasters - only about an hours drive from me!

They’ve got amazing weather for it too! :sunny::surfing_man:

3 Likes

Ooo Star I didn’t realize you are from England. I lived in London, Weymouth and Bristol. I am sure they will have a blast in Newquay.
I never made it to a festival at Board masters but have done a few Isle of Wight. 2007, 2008, 2009.
Saw some great acts including the late Amy Winehouse, Simple Minds, James Morrison, Sex Pistols to name a few. This year by me they had the first ever rock festival with loads of local Rock bands can’t say any one stood out as one to watch .

4 Likes

@cazzy66 Yes from the UK - born and grew up in greater London but currently residing in Devon, just 5 mins from Cornwall.

Busy with my kids these days so no time for festivals. My music comes from Spotify these days - in the car on the way to work/school runs, at home on my Soundcore speakers…

2 Likes

I know Devon well :grinning: beautiful area. I was lucky when I spent my years abroad as my children were grown. So I was able to travel throughout Europe and have England as my home so to speak. I rented a few different flats while I was there. And spent time throughout the entire UK and traveling about.

2 Likes

Grats to all the winners.

Nice to try to come back on more than checking the site a few times a day while on vacation.

Will say we were in the ocean when everybody on the beach saw a shark in the waves and we all were getting out of the water (sorry no soundcore photos with a shark but did think about it :slight_smile: ) and then at the end of the trip most of us ended up with Covid. ( bad is being sick but good is not being at work ).

5 Likes

Thanks for the Update @Vanessa_W.
Congrats to all the winners.
I hope everyone has a great week.

3 Likes

This time I would have voted for the same photo as “Mr. Random” did.
Congrats to @craig_paterson and of course the other winners.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update @Vanessa_W, love the Kings of Leon track!

Thank you for picking my shot for the Photo of the week. Glad it was so well liked.

Would have loved to go to Boardmasters, but it’s the other end of the country for me and already have other holiday plans. Hope it is a blast!

Congrats to the other winners this week, hope everyone is well and has a good one!

4 Likes

Thanks for Update @Vanessa_W
Congrats to all other winners.
Have a nice week everybody

3 Likes

My quiz answer is

Summary

Also, who knew my choice of song for “a music video featuring sweatbands” would be so poignant. RIP ONJ.

2 Likes

kings of leon, one of my favs.

congrats to the weekly winners and great photo this week @Craig_Paterson.

hope everybody has plans for a great week!

1 Like