Core Update 71 | Our Plans for February Revealed!

It is a weird thing - at this point in life, if I value something highly enough and it is affordable I tend to buy it. So it is hard to find things that would make a good, affordable present that I don’t already have. Cash is easier, but then it just flows back and forth at other people’s birthdays too.

I find that skipping the presents, and just being with people for the pleasure of their company makes me happier these days.

1 Like

I agree. The only bad thing is as I get older, I do not want for myself but more for my kids. I been wanting an Apple watch for 2 years now but alway decide not to get it as I can see better use for the money… oh well.

2 Likes

Only for you a very “Happy and Relaxing Birthday”.
Take care my friend!

I got a fitbit recently - a lot cheaper than that apple watch, and it does enough cool stuff to scratch the itch. And my son has one too, so he keeps challenging me to step competitions - he will probably win them all.

1 Like

There are many alternatives. Starting with very cheap ones (I doubt about the quality of smart watches you can buy for 15 USD😁) and finishing with pretty expencive ones

Thanks for the updates @Hannah and congrats to the winners.

Congratulations everyone! :+1:

True that. I had a friend who owned Garmin watch and I’m an Apple watch user. I would say that apple watch is just as “standalone” as any other watch if you have an iPhone (no idea about Samsungs). There are a lot of things lacking from Apple which they don’t seem to focus on and instead want to add sensors (fine by me but not something that’s essential if that makes sense). Apple watch is also quite pricey so not something I would buy again once this dies out

1 Like

I have an ipod but that is old and I use android phone. If not for that I may have got it and after a bit probably gave it to my son when he went to college. If I really want it my brother said he had an iphone 6 that I could have as that is the earliest one that the watch can work with

Congrats to the winners