Core Update 78 | Soundcore Cares and QUIZ TIME!

Hey, Collectivites!

First of all, I want to remind you that the Soundcore Cares benefit concert is coming up fast. This awesome event includes performances by Halestorm, Foxes, John Paul White, and more, so get your tickets here if you haven’t already. Remember, proceeds go to benefit our partner MusiCares, and the minimum donation is only $1 to secure your seat. Get in there!

Not only that, we have some great grassroots musicians coming up on our podcast series - and one of them is a bona fide Soundcore classic. Can you guess who?

Speaking of guessing, I do have a set of quiz questions for you, and the first person to get them all correct will win 25 points! Check out the questions below (and editing your answers is not allowed, so make sure before posting that you’re submitting what you want):

1. RIDDLE: What kind of band doesn’t play music?

2. Robert Plant was the lead singer of which rock band?

3. The Friends theme song, “I’ll Be There For You,” was recorded by which band?

4. In which year did The Killers release “Mr. Brightside?”

5. Robyn Fenty is the real name of which pop star?

6. What food did Daya mention she had during her first time in a big studio during last week’s interview?

Good luck!

Last off: what did everyone think of Daya’s performance and interview? If you missed it, don’t worry! You can still check it out in full here.

Awards of the Week

This week’s winners are…

Photo of the Week: @Hermes_Alvarenga shared this photo of one of our old school Anker speakers on a beach in El Salvador. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m super jealous that you’re able to visit such a beautiful place!

This Week’s Photo Contest: This week has a #Throwback theme. Enter here!

Collective Member of the Week: @Chiquinho

New Collective Member of the Week: @zhukafer

Thread of the Week: @thesnarkyone started a discussion about designing your own Soundcore Swag, and he even shared a very cool video of his design for a Soundcore cap.

What ideas do you guys have for new swag? Make sure you add them to this thread!

Giveaway Winner: Due to suspicious activity from the winning account last week, the prize has been redrawn and awarded to @matthew2ndson

Please contact @sean.l to with your shipping details to collect your prize!

8 Likes

Congarutalions to all winners.

Parabens especias por @Hermes_Alvarenga (E Portugues, mas tu vais entender, claro) :rofl:

Great you did that. :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess I’ll give it a go not sure if I’m right or not but no harm in trying

1.) rubber band
2.) Led Zeppelin
3.) The Rembrandts
4.) as a single in 2003 on an album in 2004
5.) Rihanna
6.) snacks and a bowl of fruit, specifically grapes

Congrats to all the winners can’t wait to see what next week brings

1 Like

Muchas gracias @Chiquinho

1 Like

De nada meu amigo! :smiley:

Congrats to everyone mentioned!

I think sweatpants would be nice swag with the soundcore logo ! Maybe socks and other smaller items. Love that hat @TheSnarkyOne

2 Likes

Congrats to all of the winners, and kudos for a reroll on the last giveaway.

As for the quiz…

• a wedding band (ring… not Adam Sandler)
  • led zeppelin
  • the rembrandts
  • 1993 <— ooh sugar…not even close…
  • Rihanna
  • grape, oh the never ending grapes…

Hope everybody has a great week!

P.s. soundcore sweatpants sounds sweet @Ashleymarie0617

1 Like

Congrats to winners, my answers are
A rubber band
Led Zeppelin
The Rembrandts (I hope I spelled that right)
Rihanna
GRAPES

Congrats to all the other winners! I love the cap @TheSnarkyOne.

1 Like

Congratulations to all winners especially to @Chiquinho,@thesnarkyone,@Hermes_Alvarenga!:+1:t2:

2 Likes

Grats to all of the winners…

I will say I based my picture on the comments by Sean in that he said to take a picture WITH your favorite products. :rofl: So it was strange to see several without it. I think me and @The_Professor were the only two that did it. I took the odd chance I was right but was already thinking that @Hermes_Alvarenga did have the best pic if I was wrong in my thinking.

Answers to questions
  1. Rubber band
  2. Led Zeppelin
  3. The Rembrandts (One of wife’s favorite TV shows)
  4. 2004
  5. Rihanna
    6 snacks and the bowl of fruit that gets refilled after eating a grape and getting 3 more put back in.

Well done listening to the community and cleaning up an abusive giveaway winner.

Congrats to all the winners!

1 Like

Oh now he need s"hotpants" for men.
Will not publish a photo here, all men will get jealous.:rofl:

No worries. Those days are over. I do remember wearing the ripped shorts though.

1 Like

Such ones Duane? :rofl:

underwear

No I suppose such:

1 Like

I may need those for my son. He wants to run around with no shirt on at night (or bottoms sometimes). I may need to get some of those to up my embarrassment game if that fails to motivate him :rofl: