Crackling when on a phone call

The sound is great when listening to music or podcasts from my phone or computer but when on a phone call from my iPhone 12, the quality is poor, the noise in the headphones is crackling and the sound jumps back and forth between the two headphones. Both are fully charged. And when going back to listening to music from my phone, the crackling is gone.

What earbuds are you using exactly? I see the tag is for Liberty 2 but want to confirm

Also, I’m seeing more people complain about call quality so could just be new Soundcore firmware update or new iOS update messing up. Email service@soundcore.com so they’re aware of the issue and can work on a fix

Probably hardware fault.

But is the issue worse with phone on one side of your body of equally bad? If it’s bad one side then either have phone on the good side or take the bud out on the case first you want to on the side of your phone as the first bud out becomes master and hosts the call for both buds.

Yes they are the liberty 2

I am having the same issue with a pair of Liberty Air 2’s for about one week now. The media audio quality is still great, however, the sound quality during calls is extremely poor.
People keep complaining about not hearing me well and that my microphone sound has fluctuations in volume.
On my side, I hear them poorly - no HD call quality.

I tried resetting the headphones , re-pairing them to my phone, nothing helped.

I thought it was my phone, but it works perfectly with an old pair of Sony bt headphones.