Day 5 | Meet Mustard

Meet Mustard, a music producer from Los Angeles, whose signature sound shaped the music of the 2010s. Soundcore is extremely excited to be joined by such an influential figure in the music industry for the launch of our all-new earbuds :raised_hands:

Mustard got into music at age 11 when his uncle encouraged him to DJ a family party. Originally he used the name DJ Mustard as a pun on his first name “Dijon”, however he has since dropped “DJ” and just goes by Mustard now.

Like I said at the beginning, Mustard’s sound is synonymous with the sound of the 2010s thanks to his endless collaborations with some of the biggest acts in the world and his iconic “Mustard on the beat…” intro that makes his songs instantly recognizable.

Honestly, I’d be here all day going through Mustard’s extensive discography, so here’s just some of the highlights:

“Needed Me” by Rihanna

“Needed Me” got to #1 on the US Hot R&B/Hip Hop chart, gave Rihanna her 29th Hot 100 Top 10 hit, and has been certified 5 times Platinum.

“Rack City” by Tyga

It reached #7 on the Billboard Hot 100, #1 on the US Hot R&B/Hip Hop chart, and has been certified 4 times Platinum.

“Freaky Friday” by Lil Dicky ft. Chris Brown

“Freaky Friday” got to #1 in the UK and the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.

He has also worked on songs with Big Sean, 2Chainz, Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa, Trey Songz, Fergie, Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, and more.

Currently, Mustard’s top 3 songs on Spotify have a combined 1.2 BILLION streams and so far he’s been nominated for 3 GRAMMYs and won one for Best R&B Song in 2019 for “Boo’d Up”, a song by Ella Mai that he produced.

“Boo’d Up” reached the top of the US R&B chart, making her the first UK artist in 26 years to achieve this.

Mustard’s recent song, “Ballin’” featuring Roddy Ricch topped the Rhythmic Chart in the US, and has been certified 3 times Platinum.

So my question for you guys is, if you were a top music producer, what phrase would you use in the intro of your songs? Share them in the comments :arrow_down:

4 Likes

I would probably have to have someone else come up with the intro for me I’d be thinking about that still and would probably already have the rest of the song finished :sweat_smile::joy:

1 Like

Probably not a question I can answer - not a style of music that is on my regular playlists.

1 Like

Nice list of people he has worked with.

1 Like

Not my fafiurite style but not bad

1 Like

This is my favorite song produced by Mustard :raised_hands:

2 Likes

YAY nice reveal its getting so launch day

1 Like

Listened to that song yesterday. Best for sure.

1 Like

This ones good as well

2 Likes

Ooo that’s a nice surprise

1 Like

Glad to see mustard

1 Like

All these songs still HIT :fire::100:

Mustard on the beat all day all night