So I am delayed over night due to a mechanical problem with a plane. Then there was a series of awful customer service interactions with Delta. (See my twitter feed @misterhazen for all of the sordid details) Now I am stranded in Philadelphia but wound up having a pretty fun night in a hotel bar with my four traveling companions. We ordered pizza and had a grand old time.
So how would you handle a flight delay?
- Free night in a hotel? Amazing - sign me up!
- Party Time!
- Ugh. I just want to get back to my life.
- It is difficult to coordinate air travel. You should be lucky you can do it at all.
- I dont fly. I prefer the horse drawn carriage thank you.
- Its an injustice our taxpayers subsidize the airline industry when they treat us like this. I want money back now.