Derek Forbes & The Dark

Some of you may recognise the name Derek Forbes – he was part of the creative force behind Simple Minds. He is still one of my favourite bassists and continues to play with his new band – Derek Forbes & The Dark, who consist of some other well known names – Derek Forbes bass and vocals, with Brian McNeill (China Crisis) on keyboards, and drummer Tony Soave (The Silencers).

Here are a couple of links to YouTube videos of “Theme for Great Cities” and “I Travel”, with Theme for Great Cities being one of my all-time favourite instrumentals.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting. I’ll definitely check these out. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the share. I like Simple Minds.

2 Likes

Simple Minds are one of our favourite bands. We have tickets to see them in Newcastle (England) and Taormina (Sicily) next year as part of their 40th anniversary celebrations. Both have been pushed back twice due to the pandemic’ so hopefully it will be third time lucky.

We also saw Derek Forbes play with another band he put together after leaving Simple Minds — Four Good Men

3 Likes

Hope you you will finaly see Simple Minds. I know that third time does not lie :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you… I really hope so :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Appreciate the share

2 Likes