Desktop speaker suggestions

Hey guys my dad recently noticed that his speakers for his desktop computer don’t work any more. He said he wants to buy a new one and he has found some, but I told him to check with Soundcore first. He wants something that is under a $100 because he has found some good options around $40. It also has to be able to connect via AUX cord because his computer’s bluetooth is not that great. Do you guys have any suggestions?

1 Like

Does he need proper left / right physical separation?

AUX, well Motion+ has that and is stereo and USB-C charged, and if not in a specific hurry can be got for ~ $70

If he likes it then can later buy another for more stereo separation.

May be in total too loud, 30W / speaker

1 Like

Flare can be a good option too for less money but it does have Micro-USB charging

1 Like

He is think about getting something like this. Also it does not have to be right left physical seperation.
https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Computer-Bluetooth-Smartphone-Connection/dp/B0873XZK4R/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=computer+sound+bar&qid=1605145152&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyTUNaOThOQzYyTTY2JmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTY5ODc4NzJCUFNENkZNNTRSJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAyOTM0MjdZVVpYUkNPM0lXS0Emd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

Why not two Flares or Flares mini?

2 Likes

Mini doesn’t have AUX which is necessary for his dad. But Flare would be a nice choice for cheaper and AUX. A pair would be nice but useless if bluetooth on PC isn’t reliable :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, I still see just the Motion+ for simplicity, one AUX no need to get any Partycast or TWS going, USB-C, it’s a wide and good sound.

I have mine behind me upside down to keep left/right with my laptop in front.

Challenge is price, the model you mention is $40 total , Motion+ is rarely less than $70.

So to allow for the higher price, would have to mention:

• can take with you
  • battery operated
  • waterproof
  • more useful in more situations.
  • could get a 2nd one and get more total sound / stereo separation (but adding complexity I don’t have two so don’t know how well AUX and TWS works exactly).
1 Like

I was thinking the flare as well but like you said …the Bluetooth !

2 Likes

I wish anker would do the following.

Take the Motion+, remove the battery, give option to disable bluetooth, add usb-c audio/power delivery, and move usb-c port and aux to back of device, they would become the best desktop speakers.

Alternatively - take the motion+ and give it the functionality to operate by USB power only and to operate without bluetooth - this way we won’t destroy the battery by always having it plugged in and it wouldn’t always default to pairing mode.

I know this is kind of late, but if your dad is still looking for computer speakers, I can recommend the Creative Pebble speakers. They sound really good and don’t break the bank. If he wants more bass he can get the Pebble plus with Subwoofer.