Do the Q35 auto turn off

Hi
If I don’t play any music etc do they fully turn off,if so after how long? To save the battery or do I always have to remember to turn them off.
Thanks

So long as Bluetooth active connection, they won’t just power off.

But if you don’t connect them then they will eventually power off.

So connect to phone and mute phone to get silence, or something else not making sound.

If you’re not next to the headphones and want them to turn off then disconnect from your phone.

Ok so short of turning them off directly you have to turn blue tooth manually for them to turn off.
Maybe it’s an idea in future like you can with Tv’s where by if you don’t interact with them/have sound playing for say an hour they turn off automatically but give you a short warning before hand?

I’d not want that. Some buy for ANC alone to block sound and not playing anything, so happy to have disconnected power off.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want that feature either. I don’t do it very often but there are times, when I want the ANC on but nothing else.

But a setting within the app might be nice for those that want that option.

1 Like

You know they got the timer for turning off the white noise machine. Wonder how much to change it to turn off headset.

1 Like

Yes. I would like some kind of auto-off feature. Definitely make it a non-default option. But there should be something. The problem is exasperated by having to hold the power button for 5(!) seconds (I just tried it and counted the seconds) to turn it off. So you can’t just quickly “tap it on and off” (why not!!??). 5 seconds doesn’t sound like much, but it can be annoying if you often do on/off cycles (go into meeting, out of meeting, etc).

If they did what you asked then it would cause a new thread of “accidental tapping power button causes headphones to turn off, how ridiculous, can you change it to press hold for, say, 5 seconds?”.

Since it has like 40 hours of play time, I usually just leave them on if you are going to use them several times a day. There should not be much headphone usage if you have connected a different earbud to the phone or just have turned off the headset. Or turn them off when you know you are not going to use them for an extended amount of time.

I would rather leave it on vs wearing the button down after so many pushes.

If you really would like a different change for them, you can always ask that the app have a shutoff feature but it should be one where they stay on normally or it will turn them off from so much time of no use.

Service@soundcore.com is the folks you need to contact.

I have a Jabra headset that turns itself on / off when you fold it up, and it is delightfully intuitive. I have asked before that Soundcore do something similar, it is clearly a better design decision.

Every time I switch back to my Q35s, I have to remember that I need to turn them on and off with the silly button. And sometimes I forget to turn them off, so the next time I come back they are dead.

That feature alone isn’t enough to justify the higher price for the Jabra’s. But it would be easy for Soundcore to fix, and getting the little things right matters to user experience.

1 Like

I doubt they’d tweak the Q35 given only 7 accounts asked for it.

But it’s worthwhile asking for it to be considered in a successor.

From threads about Windows, if you pause media that doesn’t count to trigger auto off, so something special needs doing there.

My Q30 battery life is so good it’s not worth worrying about, I plug mine when I take off and only power on.

Wouldn’t it be acceptable to use the in use detection of the Q35 to use auto-off? If the Q35 can automatically pause the music when you take them off, then can’t it automatically turn off after say, 10 minutes of it not being on your head?

Not that I have them yet but that is one feature they talk about.

3 Likes

That’s a good idea.

Anker’s USB power supplies are second to none. Quality and important features, all present.

I’d like to see Soundcore headsets get there. They aren’t yet. Getting better, but still the cheap option vs the premium option (for over ear noise cancelling). They may always be the cheaper option, but fixing the little things can close the gap.

1 Like

The little things is down to the diversity and effort of the beta testers community, how early they get to influence design, how much time they’re given to go deep, and their diversity.

I must be the outlier, but I just press the power button when I’m done using them. It’s really not that hard.

2 Likes

still nothing…most of people need that and other don’t buy that cause of that. why don’t you guys do something about that please

You will need to contact soundcore service department vs the community page.

1 Like

You do realize we don’t work for Soundcore. Instead of just complaining here, contact Soundcore if you really feel hat strongly about it. I realize pushing the Power Button to shut the device off is just too labor intensive. SMH

1 Like

i already sent them a email about that but don’t think rhey will readed.