Do we need one more topic on community site?

My suggestion is create one more topic. The title could be “Off topic” or similar.
It would be useful for threads that does not fit any of existig topics.
It would be suitable for community members that wish to communicate on various issues like pets, sports, hobies etc.
That is your opinion about it?

We did have this topic earlier but during the Collective 2.0 update, they removed the “Off-Topic” section because of either points farming or to keep non-Soundcore related threads to a minimum. I think the Soundcore team wants this community to be Soundcore focused more than any other stuff focused.

Anker community is the place to go if you want more casual conversation with a couple ongoing threads active for about a year or more

4 Likes

I think what happened as @Shivam_Shah that it was to focus the site to music.

The points farming is not farming for points per say to level up but it was and is to farm for prizes. Taking off the off topic just made the point farming for the prize a little harder.

What happened is that off topic was being used too much to try to get their points to stay at the top. It also made the site look more like a tech site than a music community. Actual users came on here and made those comments several times.

It is also the reason we do not have the gallery per say either. You got point for gallery pics back then as well. Basically what you may get was the same device but each day you may see the same pic and same background but from a different view.

At some point the site may make a change in how they do their prize selection. I like my thought of number of comments per month and have a random draw of all qualifiers for top 10. (still may not get solid comments or interactions.

I would not want for a further decrease in the ability to earn points as it will decrease a user ability to level for their needed notes for a lower level user. This quicker leveling is more beneficial to newer users so that they can reach about a 100 notes (20 dollars) fairly quickly. As you get higher level it is less beneficial to stay at that same speed to try to level and you can just enjoy the the site (unless you are getting points for the top prize.

I think maybe a few pinned weekend activities type thread like the one on Anker would be good for this. This way we can make comments non music relate information such as the sports, kids, and etc.

3 Likes

@Shivam_Shah @Duane_Lester Thanks for your comments. Situation is clear now.

2 Likes

I wish they would bring the gallery back even if it had no points attached that way people could still post to it and share some nice photos without it having to fit the theme of the week. While I do find the themes fun I do think some people have nice photos that don’t fit the theme and don’t have as easy a way to share them

3 Likes

It’s still there and i saw a few new photos recently. The link is community.soundcore.com/gallery

1 Like

It’s still in the app as well but I don’t think they updated it to link to like new products. Idk like the tab back on the website just to view them. I know @Chiquinho takes lots of nice pictures that I would love to see again if they brought back the gallery

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Did found excelent photos.

And it seems you still get points for uploading a picture :confused:

If they have essentially pulled the gallery (or rather no longer publicised) you would think they would stop the daily points ability :thinking:

2 Likes

I really wanted to try adding a photo to see if that was the case lol

1 Like

There is still a lot of point farming whether there is “off topic” or not… lot of threads already on it… no one from Soundcore seems to be checking anyway :slightly_frowning_face:

Points still work on Gallery, see some have uploaded , not many but few… now we can see the Gallery as the new target for points :joy:

4 Likes

The gallery is still available through the app, not sure if you can post up new photos there though…

1 Like

Noticed that as well…

3 Likes

I think the Gallery should be restored. Found many nice photos there.

An off-topic area would be good, but as others mentioned points-farming has to be controlled.

I’d like prizes not based on points as that stops points farming. So end of leaderboard, giveaway, and move to talent based decisions (photos, articles)

This community though overall is pretty meh for me.

If I get interested in future products, cannot discuss as it gets deleted. So it’s off to Reddit to get interested in future Soundcore products, then come back here once released and basically get a hyped version of what we knew weeks earlier away from here.

Cannot go off-topic (this thread).

Music. That’s music, not Soundcore. If you wanted to discuss music, you’d be in a music forum.