Do you like electronic music?

I definitely do.
J. M. Jarre has been my favorite electronic music artist for over 30 years.
I like his first albums with unusual titles: Oxygene, Equinoxe, Magnetic Fields, Randez-Vous, Zoolook.
When this music was created, it was as if from a different, unknown musical world. Additionally, it was accompanied by great concerts with fantastic visual effects and modern electronic instruments (laser harp).
I also listened to other artists: Vangelis, Mike Oldfield, Isao Tomita. Marek Biliński was very famous in Poland.

Do you know, do you listen to electronic music - the one from years ago or the one created in the XXI- st century?

4 Likes

I have a few, armin can burin is one.

Steve aoiki, and Paul oakenfold

While not truly electronic, similar / close enough for me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Electronic music is one of my favorites, as it’s unique instrument sounds can present a non-traditional aura to songs.

1 Like

I love electronic music @sodojka, @TheSnarkyOne Armin van Burin is one of my favorite artists too.

2 Likes

Hey @sodojka
100%!
I’m a EDM fan and always have been.
Currently catching up with a podcast/radio channel from DJ BastiQ who’s a progressive trance mix DJ.

1 Like

Heres a couple of links to his work.
He’s a touch over 16 and has been releasing his stuff since he was 13/14.
I love his opening intro “its episode XX I’m BastiQ from the Netherlands” makes me smile everytime :grin:

Listen to EoTrance #136 - Energy of Trance - hosted by BastiQ on TuneIn http://tun.in/tld0KS

https://radio.energyoftrance.com/category/podcast/

2 Likes

@TheSnarkyOne
From such recordings close to electronics, you probably know the Canadian band Trans-X. I’ve been listening to this recording for over 35 years and I like it to date :+1:t2::

@matthew2ndson What are you listening to?:slightly_smiling_face:

@Paulstevenewing I listened to 136. I liked it.:+1:t2:
It’s unbelievable that a 16-year-old made it. Do you have any more favorite recordings like this?

1 Like

Glad you liked it :+1:t2:

I’m a bit of random listener of I’m honest.
If I hear some music I like I search for more.
My sources are generally Spotify and Tune In Radio.

As I come across similar material I’ll try and post it here @sodojka

2 Likes

I like some but wouldn’t say I’m the biggest fan

1 Like

Sasha and Figured, end of story, well, Above & Beyond Group Therapy. Infact, I also need to mention Dave Seaman GU022, heck, the who GU City Series. lol oh yea, Liquid, Intelligent, and Atmospheric Drum and Base, anything old with a Moog too…I feel Love Donna Summer.

1 Like

@sodojka Does the Electric Guitar count? If so, then I do. I’m just joking around my friend. :smile:

1 Like

@W1LL1RD And if you had to choose something great in your opinion, what pieces of music would you recommend🙂?

@Steve976
It can be - see for yourself😂:

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve heard of them before today @sodojka sounded pretty good though.

1 Like

Cheer for tune in radio. That’s how I get my Annie Mac fix… bbc one!!

Here’s hoping for a great week upcoming, and a good start tomorrow.

1 Like

Dave Seaman GU022 Melbourne CD 1.

or Front 242 Headhunter all versions including covers on Headhunter 2000.

1 Like

@W1LL1RD Thanks for the info. I’ll listen tonight.
Greetings!:wave:t2:

@sodojka , J.M. Jarre is genius he was a pioneer in electronic music.
I have a very broad music taste, when looking at EBM I would say that I prefer the harder ones (Hardstyle and old school Techno).
Just would like to share a very nice hardstyle song :slight_smile:

2 Likes