Do you still have old headphones?

Do you still have old headphones that you may not use anymore, but still keep them in your desks, in your drawers?
Once upon a time they were your favorite headphones, but due to technological progress they are of little use or look like a monument.
I use my old headphones very rarely, but I still like them very much and they do. It’s Tritton Warhead 7.1
Despite the huge batteries, they are very convenient to use and very functional. I like their beautiful black color and unusual original shape.
Do you still have your old headphones that you value and keep for sentimental reasons?
Do you have your own headphones - treasures :wink:?

1 Like

Very nice rare headphones

1 Like

Until a few years ago I had an old pair of Sony MDR-V6’s from the 80s. I was the original owner. I need to get a new pair of headphones. Trying to decide what to replace them with atm. So many choices. Decisions, decisions. :thinking:

2 Likes

I had some old cheap ones for a while and then gifted to a friend a year or two ago

1 Like

@Steve976 These are Sony’s legendary professional studio headphones.:+1:t2:
I am curious what kind of headphones you will replace with such good Sony headphones, the choice is difficult.:thinking:

1 Like

Tough choices, as there are so many advancements it tech.

Might need to list out the nice to haves and the need to haves…
I never would have guessed how much I’m enjoying anc. Let alone headphones, as I’ve always been an earbud person.

Having said that, I like a few for differing reasons…

Liberty air 2 pro - anc and call quality, great fit and app support
Liberty 2 pro - great passive noise cancelation, and battery life, superb sound

The life Q35s are quite good, still working through the aspects…

2 Likes

Over the years I’ve had a couple that I really liked. The first pair I picked up was a bulky early 2000s model. I can’t remember the brand they were a premium brand for gamers. I’d still have them but I lost them years ago. I think they were left at a friend’s land party. If I hadn’t lost them I’d still have them stashed away in a box somewhere.

The other pair I still have. They are a HP branded but a premium product. I purchased them in 2009 along with my production/gaming rig. I still have them and used them up until 2017. I broke one of the plastic brackets. I have them hanging from the clothing rack in the closet waiting for me to repair them. But now that I have a new pair of Alienware Gaming Headphones and pair of Soundcore Gaming Headphones, theirs no point.

1 Like

@element321
Thanks for the extensive and interesting story about your headphones👍🏻.
Are you involved in the production of computer games or are you just a gamer🙂?

These aren’t too old, but I have the Puro BT 2200’s from the year they were released. They are kids headphones though so they were a bit small, but sounded really good so I kept them. A few years later The battery overheated and broke, which led me to Soundcore. Now I’m kind of glad they broke because Soundcore stuff sounds amazing! Thankfully they still work, but I have to use them wired.

1 Like

@supersmacker1234 Thanks to children, you can always have new electronic equipment at home🙂, because there is always something needed for school, especially during a pandemic.

I was just a gamer. However I did some beta testing for several games. But mostly a big gamer. Now that I’m older have a wife, two special needs dog, work, photography/website work, and acreage to maintain, and an out of state family farm that I have to help the family out with several times a year I don’t have much time to play.

The last 2 games I played were Gears 5 and Ghost Recon Breakpoint

2 Likes

@element321
I have been a player for 8 years. My favorite series of games is Demon Souls. I could play it all my life.
I stopped playing 4 years ago. I destroyed all my dozen of my favorite games in one day. I didn’t want my kids to play like me. It’s a huge waste of time (sometimes I spent hours thinking how to beat my opponent) and it’s a pity for my family.

1 Like