Does Liberty 2 Pro support multipoint connection?

Does Liberty 2 Pro support multipoint connectivity? I have to manually disconnect from one device and manually connect in the other! I bought them because it was advertised that they can connect with two devices simultaneously!

2 Likes

Is far as I know they do not support multi point.
Edit you can pair say the left one to one device and the right to another device.

1 Like

if you do pair them individually you’ll make an unstable situation where even if both buds connected to one device, another it was paired with may try to connect anyway. Particularly Windows 10.

If you do pair with more than one, expect some issues, particularly between laptops and non-laptop.

You can with most Anker / Soundcore products, which do not have multipoint, connect to two Android devices at the same time, if you make one of them for calls only, and the other for media only, then you can be watching media on a tablet and still receive calls from phone. Try it… if you’ve not yet.

New low power bluetooth SoC were released in March, no sign yet Soundcore has used them, but they do support multiconnect. I’d not be surprised if Soundcore has got them out for beta testing already. Someone reading this is quietly smiling.

Note also even if something has multiconnect you cannot concurrently run two different bluetooth versions, e.g. if you connected to BT 5 phone, you cannot connect to BT 4.2 laptop, you have to, even with multiconnect, connect to the older BT version first.

1 Like

Similar thread here, and some discussion as to how and why.

@The_Professor aptly summarized.

Mulitpoint support on Liberty 2 Pro

2 Likes